another "car wont start"...just need confirmation please

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
Car doesnt crank...all i hear is clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick...radio/lights, etc works.

btw it worked yesturday but when it started, it didnt crank but jsut started i should have suspected something.
I just used an outlet car charger to charge my car for 2 hours on 40 amps...no good. then i tried the 200 amp jump start...same clickclickclick sound.

about 6 months ago i turned on the car and disconnected the negative and the car runs so the alternator is good i believe

So my concluesion : battery is no longer able to hold energy. I should buy a new battery?

a tiny part of me thinks its teh starter but i doubt it

anyone confirm before i go out and buy a new battery? and if so, anythign i need to know about buying a battery?

thanks a lot in advance..

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Car doesnt crank...all i hear is clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick...radio/lights, etc works.

btw it worked yesturday but when it started, it didnt crank but jsut started i should have suspected something.
I just used an outlet car charger to charge my car for 2 hours on 40 amps...no good. then i tried the 200 amp jump start...same clickclickclick sound.

about 6 months ago i turned on the car and disconnected the negative and the car runs so the alternator is good i believe

So my concluesion : battery is no longer able to hold energy. I should buy a new battery?

a tiny part of me thinks its teh starter but i doubt it

anyone confirm before i go out and buy a new battery? and if so, anythign i need to know about buying a battery?

thanks a lot in advance..
To me it does seem as if your battery is bad. You said that you let in on the car charger for 2 hrs or so and no help whatsoever. id think u need a new battery. This happened to me before. Did you leave anything on? I still would get views from other people before going to get the battery.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
nope my lifghts were off..i just checked the date of my battery and it dated 04/06 so 4 years old : Duralast GOLD. The age seems about right and before i jump started my car and had to rejump every morning for a week. I really hope its the battery cause starters are more expensive lol : [

JGvtec

The names Jordan
Lets hope its the battery. hope everything goes well.

iluvpho

5+ Year Member
thanks JG i just dopped off my battery at autozone for a free test. heading back in an hour to see the results. if it is the battery, its $96 for a new duralast gold...better than a 200 dollar starter

JGvtec

The names Jordan
thanks JG i just dopped off my battery at autozone for a free test. heading back in an hour to see the results. if it is the battery, its $96 for a new duralast gold...better than a 200 dollar starter
Yea, no problem. Im new to this stuff but i still know some things. im going to look at a 96 civic hx tomorrow. hopefully everything goes well.

projektej8

-------------------------
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
just so you know, for the same price of the duralast, you can get an oem battery with a 100 month warranty