Another computer thread - question on cooling / temps

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
According to CPUID and a Google search, my northbridge is running extremely hot. But when I opened my case and touched it, it's not that hot, it's warm. I can keep my hand on it as long as I want. My computer has been on for....7 hours now? Did some gaming earlier, just finished watching a movie like 15 minutes ago...

So with that being said, are my fans pointed in the right direction? The top exhaust fan is the same size as the upper side fan (smaller, 85mm?) while the front, lower side, and rear are all...120mm I think?

Mobo is a Gigabyte GA-MA78LM-S2. I know...shitty and old. But my setup does what I need it to do. I just don't want it overheating and frying / blowing up lol.

DMaldonado93

i would say to change the direction of the one fan in the middle on the side of your computer so u can get the most air possible going into your computer

CLX(99)

^^ What he/she said. Also just in case you fan(s) in the front, try to also make them blow air into the computer case!

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If that doesn't work, I'd try opening up the case completely and running it with the case open, just to make sure that sensor is functioning properly. If it still reads high, it could be that the temperature sensor is out of whack.