Anybody from San Diego,ca?

jnewman0910

Respected
Just got my first Honda back in February and it's my first stick as well learning the ins and outs of my car and hopefully learn as much as possible. Anyone in San Diego that would like to meet up? Show me the ropes a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socal619

Respected
Welcome bro, what part of SD you in? Any pics or plans with your car?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

jnewman0910

Respected
Welcome bro, what part of SD you in? Any pics or plans with your car?

I'm in north county Oceanside... Got a 97 civic ex so far my plans are to get it in top notch shape for it from a auction so don't know much on it eventually do a b18 swap

socal619

Respected
Nice bro, looks like a good start! I'm in the south bay, oceanside is 45 from me :/

jnewman0910

Respected
Nice bro, looks like a good start! I'm in the south bay, oceanside is 45 from me :/

Dammm well maybe one day we'll click were not to far and usually I'm in San Diego... What sucks about my car tho is I got it at the otay auction and it has a lot of work that I need to do... Damm near all the suspension boots, tie rods, axels... Lately it's been a pain

jnewman0910

Respected

I stayed d16, building it for boost =)

Clean looking engine! I was thinking of going turbo but I would need to rebuild my motor first since it has 224k so figured the better route would to go with a swap

socal619

Respected
Dammm well maybe one day we'll click were not to far and usually I'm in San Diego... What sucks about my car tho is I got it at the otay auction and it has a lot of work that I need to do... Damm near all the suspension boots, tie rods, axels... Lately it's been a pain
Start with the basics bro, get the maintenance done before anything else. Make sure the car is running right. I've had my car for about a year, so I just have a head start.

socal619

Respected
Clean looking engine! I was thinking of going turbo but I would need to rebuild my motor first since it has 224k so figured the better route would to go with a swap
Thanks bro! Depends on your power goal, anything over 200ish needs forged rods. Y8 motors are cheap to build, and are readily available. You could pick up an old motor and rebuild it for high compression or build it for boost. It's up to you, i chose to not gamble with a junk yard motor and am riding the oem short block until my forged block is finished being built. My moto is do it right the first time. I'd only get a motor from Hmotors or rebuild one, but that's just me.

jnewman0910

Respected
Yeah my plan is to get all the regular maintenance done first over any mods tho I did get a k&n air filter... But anyways not really sure what the power goals are all I know is I want to be street fast. Don't want the car to be too crazy where it's only on the track. I want this to be my daily but still street legal fast... I did see that the do sell the d16 motor for cheap rebuilt with low miles just not sure if I wanna go that route.
I keep leaning towards a b18 build or gsr I believe hmotors is the website I saw where they sell the whole kit
Also once agin you are correct it is definitely better to get things done right the first time I'm only aiming for quality parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk