Anybody have a BAR'd engine in California?

dck1ng69

5+ Year Member
Hey guys, I've been looking around for a couple months trying to figure out what engine swap I want to do and havent really found a good forum or guide on everything that you have to do for a swap. Basically I have a b20 in my car right now which is not legal so I want to do a swap and get it BAR'd to my car so I don't have to worry about cops. I'm not looking to race out my car or anything like that i just want a stock engine that has 150 or more hp and have my car as a daily driver. If anybody has a BAR'd engine or knows a good legal swap and has any advice it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I seen a thread about someone being pulled over while having a bar'd engine and the cop poking around for awhile. I'll try to search an find out who it was.

No luck

dck1ng69

5+ Year Member
Yeah I'd much rather have a legal engine, have a cop poke around and come up empty so I can tell him to eat a d**k

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
op you should put this thread in the regional forum i bet people who lives in cali will chime in for your questions

serg650

hella Late but yeah my Car is Bar'd its a 99' Civic with a B16a2. it can have an aftermarket Intake as long as it's Carb approved like AEM.