Anyone built a y8?

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a y8 that i need to rebuild... so instead of rebuilding it stock... im thinking about just building the crap out of it...

any suggestions on where to start?

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
are you talking about FI or N/A?

kre8speed

5+ Year Member
I am a fan of the d but in n/a form you will spend way to much for minimal gains. If i was building a d16 i would just research and build it for turbo. Would be a fun car and can be built for pretty cheap depending on what you want.
Kris

MidnightCivicEX

EK Ferio WIP
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i just want something somewhat reliable... i mean, i know you sacrifice reliability with performance... but everyone i see around my hometown that has a turbo'd civic has blown it to bits... i dunno if they just aren't getting good tunes (if a tune at all).. or if they are just pushing too much

NFR_AP2

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I am a fan of the d but in n/a form you will spend way to much for minimal gains. If i was building a d16 i would just research and build it for turbo. Would be a fun car and can be built for pretty cheap depending on what you want.
Kris
:word:

the money you waste building a d-series you can swap it and have a much better platform to work with..

00 Coupe EK3

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just to give you an idea how expensive it can get to build a d series, my buddy just built a d16z6 and spent 2500 when all said and done. Were firing it up tomorrow and i think gonna run it around a bit this weekend. Ill let you know what it does when we find out this weekend if you want. At the very least it should be able to beat most b series

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buy a new low-milage D series for 300. Use ARP studs, replace timing belt, water pump, and get a good headgasket, throw a turbo on it and youll be beatin them down!

spoon egg

Teeth Doctor
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
^^ that's what i did, and now i'm running mid to high 13's. the disappointment in peoples faces when i tell them they just got beat by a single cam turbo..