Anyone ever try to swap a D15Z1 (VX) into a 6th gen?

stopwatch

5+ Year Member
So i picked up a rotten 92 VX (D15Z1) from a friend last night, and i have a 97 4dr (D16Y7) daily driver with 300 000km's on it that need rings/ and syncros. I commute 100k highway daily for work and am considering swapping the OBD1 D15, in in place of the of the OBD2 Y7. I originally bought the vx for the light rims, and high ratio tranny to try and increase my mpg. I know there are harnesses out the to support OBD2 to 1 swaps and the mounts are all the same. I assume the wiring will be similar to swapping an OBD1 B series into a 6th gen, with some extra wires for the VTEC-E stuff. Again, anyone with info/ ideas.......thanks alot.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Its illegal...

At least in the US that is.

stopwatch

5+ Year Member
not in canada...where i live. there is no emmisions test, just a general safety inspection.

b18b11700

5+ Year Member
ive drivin a 6th gen with a vx swap and it was slow as balls, save and do a y8 swap.

stopwatch

5+ Year Member
the reason for doing this swap is to save money on gas. This is my commuting car.....i'm not looking to make power/ speed. I own 05 gsxr750 for when i want to go fast and turn, and a 87 S10 with a LT1/700r4 for when i want to go fast and not turn. Anyway fuel is $1.30 a litre here now and shows no chance of dropping in price , and i pile on 500km's a week on this civic. gtg.

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
do canada have HXs? if so then why not do that?

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Does a 5 speed HX get better gas mileage then a DX or EX?