Anyone GSR swap in EX ?

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
plenty of pep done this you might want to be more specific with what you need to find out like wiring , or mounts .....

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i'm working on a gsr swap on a 98 ex right now

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
alright i have a 00 ex. Im swapping at 94-95 GSR (obd1) in. I got Si mounts for the driver side and rear. I know i need to buy a jumper harness for it. I have two questions. Do i need any other mounts to make this swap happen , and when i get the jumper harness do i need OBD2b or OBD2a version ?

Phantom Civic

Never Satisfied
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got one in my 98 ex.

You can use the factory harness but you need to do some splicing and extending.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
OK so you have a 00EX it is a 5spd or auto if its a 5spd every thing should be plug and play i think you mihg have to mess with the knock sensor a lil , but is just cut/reconect a red/blue wire i think your ECU is a OBD2B I guess you allready have a OBD1 ECU you might want to get it chipd to take some of the extra sensors off like 2 O2sensor and knock all of your mounts should fit execpt the one in the back AKA Tbraket wich you allready have i think this motor has some s**t about a 2nd Butterfly am not sure on that click on the link on my next post if you go to honda tech and REASECH you'll pulll it off trust me i DID

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
my bad if i sound rude let me know if you need more help i just go done doing a C5 swap on a DX it stated with out a CEL i was proud of my self

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
sweet man. ill be readin up on that site that you gave me and im starting on the swap when it comes in next week. ill let you know how it goes. how does the power gain feel in your c5 ?

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
You'll need an OBD2b harness. OBD2a is 96-98. :thumbs up

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a 99 EX wit a gsr. What u need to know? Mounts wise, you might as well order some Hasport's or something beforehand due to it being far more easy to install them before you put the motor in than after.

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the c5 is on my frens EK the powaaa is hella nice i drive jdm itr wich is preaty much the same the only diff i see is the sound but i thinks its jsut me out of vtec is almost feels like an LS but ones your passd 6k its all over

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
ya i can't wait to get this thing in. No one in my town has a swap like this. It's gonna be TIGHT !

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Good luck bro the only thing i have to sayl is do your homework on those links i posted, and if get stuck on some thing walk away for a few min. cuz it will make you hellla mad also your going to need a Bseries GSR gas clabe i thinks is like 30bucks at Honda also make sure you read that part bout a wire for the fuel pump you got a GSR ECU probly and you harnes is for a CIVIC it will not start with out you making this mod al you have to do is re-pin a wire for the fuel pump how are u planing on puting in the motor ?? have you done a swap before ?? if do it from the bottom i would say start on the drivers side mount fist and then place the Tbraket ( dont bolt it down just place it there ) then do your trany mount i would recomend doing the wireing with the motor out of the car

Your goig to have so much fun its such a good felling you know nobody around town has your swap here in okc there are just about 5 Type R out of those 5 i did the swap on 2 dude when we cruzz on sat nite me and my fren both have black HB EK and EG every one starts getting behind us just to the see the Rs run a V8s its fun dude PM me if you get stuck on some thing

Ekteg2k

5+ Year Member
oh ya dude ! i have the jumper harness for the swap from obd2b to obd1. Hopefully that will fix the problem, if not then ill just do some research and fix it. I guess ill have to buy a gas cable too. Is it just a hose or something? MY bro has a cherry picker at his house that he is going to drop the motor in with. I think were gonna to the rear mount first and then driver side. no i haven't done a swap before. This is my first. And yes im going to the wiring first before i put the motor in.

Dude i love crusin around town with the boyz. Right now i cruise with my friends. They are a part of Team Integra in Charlotte cause we dont really have a big civic crew here. I think a group from carolina hondas meets around here. im not sure. My boys got a civic hb w/ Type R turbo'd and kills 350z's Wrx's anything ! lol holla !

ST8JDM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok yeah you'll need a OBD2B - OBD1 your best bet is to chip the ECU so you cant take out some CEL like 2nd O2 sensor and knock sensor you allready have an EX so everything should be plug and play the only thing i can thing of is the wire for the fuel pump and the 2nd butter fly BS but if you read the links i gave you, you should be fine

It was so much eZr for me to drop the motor from under the car just jack up the car as high as you can then put the 2 wheels from the front and place them about 15inc from the rear wheel under the car that should do the trick make sure you got jack stands and lower it lil by lil one side at a time

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
and make sure you don't tell anyone that you have the motor in your car that you don't know or trust because that's how most of the people around here get their cars stolen. Also, showing off your swap to random people does not help either.