Anyone have a MP3 player in their ride?

Old_Skool_Civic

4dr's rule too!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just bought a JVC KD-S890 MP3/CD player which is my first MP3 player, and it is awesome. .Someone told me it's not worth buying a MP3 player because the sound quality is not the same as a regular CD. I compared the two and I could'nt hear a difference betwen the MP3 CD and a regualr CD. I have over 5 hrs on the MP3 CD which each track was downloaded with a 128 bitrate, and it played perfect....I definitely would recommend a MP3 player

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have the kenwood MP919 cd/mp3 player, i heard the same thing when i first bought mine mp3's arnt as good as cd.
well i couldnt tell the difference either, as long as you have a good bit rate for the mp3 you shouldnt have any problems.

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
let me ask you this....does your radio have a harddrive, or take flash memory or only mp3's burned unto a cd-r?

civic hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
let me ask you this....does your radio have a harddrive, or take flash memory or only mp3's burned unto a cd-r?
my deck only plays MP3 CD's but i have installed the music keg so i have a 20gig hard drive in that and it has a boat load of music on it

Old_Skool_Civic

4dr's rule too!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by BioHazard
No it just plays MP3's burnt onto a CD-R, but they do have MP3 players where you can hook up a portable MP3 player directly to the stereo itself and play them that way, kind of like hooking up a portable CD player to a cassette player. I prefer the CD-R's though to having to connect a seperate device to the stereo.

Britty

CC's Grandma =p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My bf has an alpine mp3 player in his car and i love it! Don't have to switch cds every hour or sometimes at all! Just really convenient . I don't find a difference in sound either. =)

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
werd....pioneer has a cd player, cant remember model, that has a hard drive big enough to drive from new york to la, and back, and never listen to the same song twice =), but its like 3g, a little much for me :(

Old_Skool_Civic

4dr's rule too!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
s**t I had about 20 of my original CD's jacked from my ride about two years and now I am only down to keeping two cd's in my car since I was able to get about 6 hrs of music on one
CD-R :D

If I get jacked again the assholes will only get the two burnt CD's :angryred:

MP3 is the way to go