5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the hole is covered up now, i'll post pics soon

N1EX

Red_Robin
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I wanna put my thermostat controls down there and put some gauges where they used to be.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i did the same to my thing to my ride and I put back the factory stereo untl i buy the block off plate .. get the block off plate they got for about fiddy or so and it looks hella clean

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by N1EX
I wanna put my thermostat controls down there and put some gauges where they used to be.
i was going to do that too after i saw that one guys post, but decided not to.

rey rey

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yup $50.... thats why its verry low on the priority list

EKD16

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was just going to suggest putting the plastic housing in the empty hole to make it look better. You don't need to put gauges in there, you have an automatic. But you always need extra storage room for s**t. =)

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i do have that plastic housing there in place. I know i have an auto, but I was thinkin i could put gauges there for looks eh...like oil temp and pressure?

EKD16

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no. that would be stupid. save up your money for something worthwhile, like a manual conversion. ;)

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
$800 - $1200 for manual conversion VS $10 - $15 gauges that look neat....hmm, tough choice.

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
getting gauges just cuz they look "cool" is teh gehy.

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont ya think knowing how you oil is would be a good thing right...duh

EKD16

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by M706
dont ya think knowing how you oil is would be a good thing right...duh
Not knowing how your oil is?! You're driving an automatic 'LEV' commuter vehicle. It's not like you're driving some hot running oil burning exotic car. All you need to know about your oil is when to change it, and there already is a little 'service' indicator in the stock gague cluster.

Personally, I wouldn't want to waste my money on useless gagues, but it's your car so do what you want with it.

WiggerMan

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Put a switch block there with random knobs and switches!

TurboTravo

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats weird cuz my stock cd player is in the spot that u put the cd player in and my radio is in the big gap u have. i just would have put the cd player up top and put some kind of plastic pocket in the hole behind the cup holder

M706

somethingmorethannothing
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
there already was a plastic stash bin located there....

steve98ex

say no to rotas
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
that's woudn't be a good idea for me, i'd spill a Big Gulp in it or something

lj17

vsmc #7 cccc #169
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i am planning on doing the same thing. the reason i am moving it is because i am going to get gauges and put them there. i am going to look at the gauges a lot more than the cd player, and i have a remote anyway. i don't like the pillar mounts and the other clusters and whatnot, so i plan to make a custom DIN face to put there with the gauges in it. will most likely make it out of black plastic, to match. if you want to get gauges, i'd get them. i think that is a prime spot. they are in easy view and there is lots of space behind there to run the lines/wires. as for you having an auto, its your call. i never drove one and don't know how much performance, per say, that they have. i of course have a 5 speed and build for performance, so i want gauges to keep an eye on things. you could get some to monitor the engine vitals like water temp and oil press and whatever else. if you do get some though, i measured it out and there looks to be enough room to fit 3 2-1/16" gauges, and they should work out to be spaced just about perfect. well that just my 2 cents.