Anyone play drums??

Jeegz

Did sum1 say mud??
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was wondering if anyone on here plays the drums?? Ive been playing Rockabnd drums forever and am actually looking at picking up a used starter kit. But ive never sat at a real kit before. I was just wondering if it is hard to learn to play. I understand i would need to practicve my heart out, but im interested in starting to learn real drums.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i used to play quite a bit..
even got into double bass a bit..

better hope ur pretty coordinated.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
they sure are fun though and technology has come a long ways in drums too.

u should be able to pick up a decent set for around a grand used..

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If you have good coordination and can play the games, it should be pretty easy for you to play a real set.

I have a Pearl Forum series set. My brother got it for me as a birthday gift like 3-4 years ago. He got it for about $800 and it's a decent sized set. I don't know the technical names for all the different pieces lol.

One thing I've found to be hard though is playing off-beat/rhythm stuff. I think the drummer for Dave Matthews Band does a lot of that. He's an amazing drummer as is.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Ever since i got married the only drumming i get done is alone in the bathroom, beat my drum more often now.:naughty::hitlol:

ej_EXtasy

Big Dave
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Buy my old drums. I have two different sets I'd be willing to sell for cheap. One of them is a Gretsch nighthawk set the other I forget the brand but they look cool and have good heads on them.

Kswest

Failboat sails at 9
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
My buddy, though musically inclined, started on rock band drums, beating everything on expert to nearly 100% and then bought a real drum set and said that the carryover was phenomenal, just because of the timing you have to learn. He picked it up really easily. I wish you luck.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I don't play drums, but I recommend youtube lessons to anyone learning any instrument. Youtube has so many great instructional videos that have greatly expanded my guitar ability.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x2

and even if u dont learn, just watch the vids and get amped on some talented mofos...

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x2

and even if u dont learn, just watch the vids and get amped on some talented mofos...
Yea, you can definitely gain some inspiration from watching great musicians.

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
As mymmryless said, you have to be coordinated. Do you play any other instruments?
But i guess if you are doing alright with rockband drums, maybe you will pick up real drums quickly.
I sometimes had trouble playing rockband/guitar hero drums because I was playing songs I knew how to play on real drums, so I'd try to play it differently and mess up lol.
I started playing guitars years ago, and I had a cousin that started playing drums. I could NOT play drums to save my life, no coordination, zero idea how to keep time and a beat. Fast forward a couple years, listening to music closer, and playing guitar more, I was able to slowly play drums. Long story short, I guess if you really want to learn you could do it. I think if you have a musical background, it might make it a little easier. I wish I had to kit to play...

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
x2 on wishing i had a kit to play again...

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn Justin, do it! i played for a year or two! :thumbup: Is't hard to learn to play? ah.. i guess that really depends on who that person is. you should visit guitar center and mess around with some of their kits. Or any instrument store that has drums sets.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of music u in to?

what kind are u looking to play?

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I used to play quite a bit awhile back, but haven't touched them for the better part of 4 years. They're just collecting dust in my basement now :(