Anyone please help me.

sophanyaxej1

SO i have a 95 civic dx , swap it with a d16y7 manual tranny, and my motor is a obd2, and im running a stock p06 obd1 ecu, my car is not properly running i know that, it idle and rpm will drop to 300, i check vacum leak and everything i got new IACV and all that you name it i did it, but i have no check engine light nothing so can it be my ecu making it idle, is there a way to make that ecu run with the y7, anyone help much preciate it.

codeman76

Have you checked your ignition timing? The d15b7 ignition timing is 16 degrees btdc and the d16y7 is 12 degrees btdc.

sophanyaxej1

Yeah i took it to the shop to time it 3 days ago and it still idle my friend told me that wrong ecu can cause the idle too, cause it idle but only like few times and than when i stop it idle and drop than it idle than it drop and stay steady so idk

codeman76

Check your throttle body cable to make sure it's not to tight and not letting the throttle plate close all the way. Bleed the air from the cooling system. Check your fitv on the bottom of your throttle body to make sure it hasn't unscrewed to far causing a vacuum leak. And check your pcv valve and make sure it is not clogged and working properly.

sophanyaxej1

thanks codeman76 ima look into that tommrow if it still act up ill forsure update you on what it do and see if you can help me out more