Anyone put an EK dash into an EG?

OVNi_CIVIC

Revise
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Anyone put an EK dash into an EG? I know it wont fit perfectly strait across, but curious because i dont like how my 86 crx has more leg room than my 92 civic . When i have my arms positioned right my knees are right up to the dash , if i put the seat back so my knees arn't hitting the steering wheel, my arms are too far from the steering wheel to drive comfortably (elbows must be bent), How much modification did it take to do the swap and was it worth it? Or maybe ther's a way to bring out the steering wheel? :what: anyhoo the 96-00 civics dash is a little deeper- closer to the firewall than 92-95's so was curious if anyone has done this swap so i might attempt. thanks ahead

RiceburnerRyan

I
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i kno GSR interior fits into coupes.. i donno about the 4 dr tho .. my friend has a coupe that has GSR dash etc .. sweet stuff...

Dan1220

I HaVe a CaR!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
RiceburnerRyan said:
i kno GSR interior fits into coupes.. i donno about the 4 dr tho .. my friend has a coupe that has GSR dash etc .. sweet stuff...
do you have pics of that by anychance?

JL

Doodoo Brown Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It's not the dash. It's the seats. I never had a problem in my EX coupe but in my DX it was bad because the seats are SLIGHTLY deeper. Swapped some Del Sol's and there is absolutely no problem. Same problem in my girls EK hatch so we slapped a Corbeau TRS in there and problem solved.

JDM James

Ominous
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a few pictures of teggy dashes in an EG. The amount of work required I have no clue. Let me find those pictures.