Are SiR and Type R lips same?

ekblack97

5+ Year Member
Does Sir lip and Type R are same or different sorry don't have any idea bet the two? Thanks in advance!

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No they are not the same

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^So if an EM1 came with a color matched front lip, that makes it a CTR? LOL. Im not a noob at all but that just sounds rediculous. i'm sure NOFX has the right info. What you said just dont sound right.
No. He is saying that you paint a Si/CTR lip and you leave the SiR lip black. The SiR lip comes from Honda not painted whereas the other ones do.

Note: The are the models in the US. Canadian models are a little different.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^So if an EM1 came with a color matched front lip, that makes it a CTR? LOL. Im not a noob at all but that just sounds rediculous. i'm sure NOFX has the right info. What you said just dont sound right.
The OP asked about CTR and SiR lips not Si lips. He is talking about 96-98 lips and has a 97 hatch. Therefore, I wanted to keep it simple and only refer to 96-98 front ends. There were no 96-98 EM1s

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I was using the EM1 lip for an example. And duh, I know EM1's are only 99-00's. I used to have one back in the day(02') sucka. I guess apparentally I didn't know that just cause a lip(96-98) is painted or not makes it either CTR or SiR, my bad.

pmac193

Thundermuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^So if an EM1 came with a color matched front lip, that makes it a CTR? LOL.
I was using the EM1 lip for an example. And duh, I know EM1's are only 99-00's.
Well after reading that first statement I assumed everything needed to be spelled out for you and I still don't think your getting it. SiR lips and CTR lips are two different styles of lips. I was simply telling the OP if you want a lip that you can leave in its black OEM finish get a SiR lip. If you want a lip that you would like to colormatch then get the CTR lip.

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You can color match either of the 2 lips but what im not sure of is does the CTR lip come color matched?

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
96-98 SiR - black unpainted from honda
96-98 CTR - painted (white, black, yellow, silver) from honda
99-00 SiR(canada) Si (usa) - painted (blue, silver, black, red) from honda
99-00 CTR - painted (white, black, yellow, silver) from honda

=)

93Civic-Ex

**Rockin' The EJ**
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
96-98 SiR - black unpainted from honda
96-98 CTR - painted (white, black, yellow, silver) from honda
99-00 SiR(canada) Si (usa) - painted (blue, silver, black, red) from honda
99-00 CTR - painted (white, black, yellow, silver) from honda

=)
Got ya. Thanks for clearing that up.

AllStockHatch

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well after reading that first statement I assumed everything needed to be spelled out for you and I still don't think your getting it. SiR lips and CTR lips are two different styles of lips. I was simply telling the OP if you want a lip that you can leave in its black OEM finish get a SiR lip. If you want a lip that you would like to colormatch then get the CTR lip.
I understand it all. Just didnt sound right apparentally to me the way it was worded.:roll: