Autocross

VTECSOHC02

On The Raod To Twin Turbo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Bout 3 weeknds ago I attend an Autocross. There were 2 Catagories; Pure Stock (No Mods) and Street Stock (Intakes, Exhausts, suspentions, ect...). There were several classes; 2.0l below (class E), 2.0l above (class D) 3.0l V6 (class C), 4.0l below (class B) and 4.0l V8 above (class A). I was racing in the Street stock Class E, and WON!!! :D :D :D I placed 4th overall beating Corvettes and Mustangs out. Overall winner was a modified WRX. Anyhow here are some of my pics. Enjoy.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, i would love to go autocrossing but i never get a chance to. i am tired of driving stright. i would like to try autocrossing because its more about driving then mods on the car unlike drag racing.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I did video tape it but I don't know how to upload it or if I have the right wires and sofeware to do it. It was a lot of fun. We plan on doing it about every three months. Unfortuanly it only for base personnal.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
greg1174 said:
kool.....nice ride, you have any vid?
:werd: a video would be awesome but the pictures are cool =) i wanna try getting into some autocross maybe next year. i wanna finish upgrading my drivetrain and stuff for now.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i'll need some of this huh? i bookmarked the site...i'll keep those things in mind after my

- crower cams
- valve springs
- retainers
- valves
- ported head

is all completed. im doing it all at once..in May

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Try going to the scca website. I race with the local scca group here and its a blast. Check out your local scca group and have fun. Pretty much any honda civic will be in the street stock class. I'm supposed to race this sunday but it might rain. Norainnorainnorainnorainnorainnorain....please.

EXcon279

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea im doin it this sunday too...its supposed to be 79 and sunny here in ohio. i will let you guys know how i did.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I tell you what... Its a lot of fun. Been doing it since 2000.

EXcon279

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea i did it for the first time last year...the only thing thats bad about it is afterwords i want to slide sideways around every turn i see.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah... two things happen after an Autocross...
1. You got it all out of you and take it easy on the roads.
2. You had so much fun hauling ass that you don't want to stop... Untill you see your local law enforcer. LOL

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LOL....I went racing this sunday and it started raining right as I finished loading everything back in my car. On the way home a sherif was about a mile down the road waiting for anyone who didn't get it out of their system. I did pretty good. A good run for thr preludes was around 40 seconds. The BMW M series were running between 42 and 39, depending on the driver and mods. I ran a 46.8, then 46.7, then 45.3, and finaly a good 44.6. I beat the only WRX out there and was even as good as the little Miata's. There was a 2004 S2000 out there running stock at about a 37. The coolest part of the course was when you went balls to the wall down a decent leangth and then had to do a U turn and head right back the way you came. There was a dumbass out there in a new Neon turbo that kept doing E-brakes around the corners and then would just roast the tires out of the corners. All in all it was a blast considering we were racing during extreemly strong winds that were blowing sand across the course occasionaly.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^he was driving a neon what do you expect

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LMAO... yeah, there's some neons out there that think they are all that. It sucks cause you kinda have to be carefull what you say cause the are sponsors of the event or major members.

VTECSOHC02

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I don't know how sharp the uey was but ours was kinda wide and long and I was going into it pretty fast that I would pull up and back down on the e-brake to drift a little. I wouldn't lock it though!!! But yeah a Neon is a Neon turbo or not.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We had one complete U-turn that was pretty sharp but the rest of the course was not extreem as that turn.