average paint job cost?

slod16

5+ Year Member
wats the average paint job cost? in does ne1 have some nice custom painted civic that r clean looking? because im not to sure on colors might just go with black or white ne suggestions?

NoWayBack91Si

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
seriously? thats about what you would pay to paint a hood, bumper, and lip maybe.

To the original post...it just depends on how good of a job you want. When I had my hatch, I had Honda's body shop redo the whole body and repaint it which they took off the doors, took the windows out, new moldings...everything. I paid around $3,500 if I remember right. But yes, you can get a paint job for as low as $300, but you get what you pay for. Good luck

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
2.5 to 3 thousand, more than likely more, depending on who you know, and if you are painting door jambs and interior and stuff like that. pearl jobs are more. changing colors is more. etc.

Ceros

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
More than most people want to spend. But if you just wanna shine I've heard of some people do buffer jobs for 200 or less and your car will look brand new.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah it's hard to find an average price when there is such a broad range of price and quality.

Vdoc92

5+ Year Member
mine is at maaco right now cost my about 800 for there "supreme" job and they matched the color on my moms 2010 lexus, its that dark charcoal grey. so it was a little extra, and they are also are taking out door panals and inside trim so it looks cleaner in the doors and what not

jsut a heads up, they wont be able to do inside the engine compartment and a few areas here and there

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'd be interested to see how the Maaco job turns out

JCCLARK

The Painter
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You get what you pay for.
My materials to paint a car is way past $500.00
for just materials.:cool:

Kloan

5+ Year Member
Anyone who pays $2500-3000 is seriously getting ripped off... unless the entire car is stripped down to bare metal and is completely painted inside and out.

I got my past car painted, an MX6, and the engine bay, inside the doors, all time taken off, etc was all painted. The job cost $1700 cash.

I'm def interested to hear how that Maaco paint job goes.. I've heard nothing but bad things about those guys.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Anyone who pays $2500-3000 is seriously getting ripped off... unless the entire car is stripped down to bare metal and is completely painted inside and out.

I got my past car painted, an MX6, and the engine bay, inside the doors, all time taken off, etc was all painted. The job cost $1700 cash.

I'm def interested to hear how that Maaco paint job goes.. I've heard nothing but bad things about those guys.
And how reputable was the shop? What product was used?

I work at shop, and i can barely get materials at COST (yes, MY cost, which is 25-40% less than retail dependent on the product) to prep/paint my car in/out for $1700, and that doesn't include the 150+ hours of labor that would go into it, or overhead time to cover electrical, bake cycles, etc.

You get what you pay for, and cheap poor quality paint jobs/body work shows immediately.

I would expect $3000 on the LOW end to do it the right way, be prepared for $3000-$7000 dependent on how crazy you want to get with it.

Kloan

5+ Year Member
Well sounds like you're more meticulous with your work.. that's a good thing, and a more expensive thing as well.

The shop was reputable and he did a good job. $3000-7000 is a lot of money to a lot of people. That's the kind of paint work I'd expect someone to get for a show car, or someone with a LOT of money to spend.

I don't think it's necessary to spend that much on a paint job though.. just sayin.

civic96hb

USAF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
for the price, yes I was. I did all the prep work myself, and it turned out pretty good. when I told people it was a Maaco paintjob they couldnt believe it.