AZ PPL: come in here

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
picked up a socketed p28 yesterday. just need a conversion harness some gauges and the oil lines and i think im good to go. i might install my cam gears this weekend or next and change my timing belt and what not.

you guys think it would be ok to run a turbo setup on my stock exhaust for like 2 months while i save money for a catback system? i know i will be missing out on like 20 extra whp because of the stock exhaust but i can deal with that for a while. i just want to know if its going ot hurt anything if i run a turbo setup on stock exhaust system for a while. mind you im very conservative when it comes to my car, i aim to get the best gas mileage 95% of the time i drive, so being in boost all the time just simply wont happen with me.

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just run an open pipe. LOL.. I don't think you would hurt anything meanwhile.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ehh... i decided to get an obx twin loop and run custom piping. i got quoted from a shop for the piping and install for $200 including the o2 bungs and installation of a high flow cat

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thats sounds pretty good.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
well im a tad bit closer to my turbo setup. i was just in socal and my friend jon (nigizy) let me drive his car and i fell in love with boost all over again, its been a while since i drove a boosted car. so i came home and bought a s**t load of minor parts that i needed to help me get closer. i still need my exhaust setup and a couple gauges. i bought my clutch and ill get that installed in a couple weeks before school starts. hows everyone else doing?

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
got my piece for my new header comin in tomorrow and then my AVID mounts are on their way too. Then I gotta save to build a new computer.

2k5civic

i hate imports...! siiike
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
waddup guys i have a set of 99 si wheels on pretty good tires, willing to trade for (polished) rota slipstreams 15's or 16's . looking for trade within arizona. if anyone wants to trade let me know. pm me.

Tek-C

Powered By USAF!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Damn, this thread died again...anyways, I had to put my turbo kit on hold for awhile. I was putting away all my money for a house. Finally bought one...should close on it around Dec. when they finish building it. I'm still gonna try and finish my turbo project, but it will be sloooowwww. What's everyone else been up too???

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
just need an exhaust system, a clutch, oil lines, and money for a tune and im ready to begin the install process. im not feelin this heat though so i think im going to wait for it to begin getting cooler before i install anything.

after that i can start repairing the damage on my car and make it gorgeous again.

Tek-C

Powered By USAF!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thats good. Yeah AZ is pretty damn hot right now. Down here in SV the rain cools it down. Anyways, all I got left is to do a rebuild on my tranny, install clutch, fabricate a dump tube, weld internal wastegate shut, and get money for a tune also. then I'm all set. I should just get off my lazy ass and rebuild my tranny, cuz that's what's really holding me back. Don't want to boost on a tranny that's all f**ked...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
my god guys, ive got to tell you that oil sandwich plate adapters are gods gift to tuners

Redbone

Movin on up...
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so i got my new header on, had to get a HASPORT drivers side mount, new 2.5" high flow cat converter to go with the 2.5" collector on the header, and just had to order an O2 simulator because the secondary is throwing a CEL now that the new header and cat are on. Hauls fuggin ass though. I wish it would just start raining already up here. It's like the weather likes to fake us out during the day and then f**k us over at night.

Tek-C