b series into 5th gen

civiclxb16a

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
92civicboost said:
ok so off the ect sensor theres a black and a blue wire both are going into rest of pastic rap hose should i take the black one adn splice it and ground it to see if that works?
you can try i never did that tho

civiclxb16a

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can try the stock ecu and see what happens just don't drive it around with the stock ecu

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i tried it didnt work. im wondering if i plug in my p06 ECU it might work?
idk what else to do.

civiclxb16a

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
go and see what happens with the other ecu and see if you have the same problems. i was going though the same problems until i got mine tuned

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
why shouldnt dirve it around with that ECU in it? just wondering i cant drive it anyway becasue i dont have my axles on haa

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Also my clutch is not disengaugeing.. Like i have it in neautral and the half shaft will still spin and the speedometer will go up when i rev it because the tranny is still engauged.... Now im really confused.. ITs just the pass side spinning the drivers side isnt..

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
IDK i played with plugs and im still getting 6 and 22 i can tfigure it out. I still didnt hook up the knock sensor but its not even showing a CEL for it so blah

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yous think if i take out my oil pressure switch and clean it up it may work? because i went over all the wires and they are right but its still throwin me a 6 cel

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*BUMP* now i knwo why i was getting all confused about the wires.. My title says my car is a 93 civic sedan dx but on door jam it says 92. idk but i just looked at my ecu and it isnt wired where it supposed to be for v tec so it must not be prewired and it must not be a 92 RIGHT

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just ran the wires right from ecu to v tec pressure switch and solenoid and its still running rough? What about the ECT where is the pin out on that?

tunerfreak87

i like snails.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i didnt say they were...i asked who told you that. and yes the car might have been made in 92 but it was released in 93 obviously cause you arent pre-wired for vtec.

Jay Jay

Administrator
Staff member
Premium
what b series are you swapping in? the vtec solenoid goes right to the ecu, the vtec pressure goes to the ecu and the other wire needs to be grounded, same with the iabs if you are swapping a gsr motor.

92civicboost

Crackin V tec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I swapped in a jdm b16a. and i got all the v tec hooked up i just have to work on the iav somthing or another haha. Ill rip it off clean it and see if it works if not buy a new one