B series swap question

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
What up everyone...
after much debate I think I've finally figured out what I'd like to do with my hatch. My plan is to essentially turn it into an ek9, as far as looks and performance go. Not too worried about the red Recaros or any interior swaps...question is -- will the JDM B16b motor swap be a huge pain in the ass? Also, is it legal to throw that in my bay being that it's a Japanese motor in the states? I know it'll probably cost an arm and a leg but I've got some cash saved up and I plan on saving more. If I can go thru with the swap, I'll probably add intake and exhaust, maybe headers, and just call it a day at 200hp =)
any input is appreciated

2slo4u

wait4me
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I say if your not going to go all out and do the interior too then no need to make it an exact replica. You can save money and time just throwing an si motor or a gsr motor in w.o having to worry if it's legal or not. Because with just a swap, front and rear lip, and a ctr spoiler you'd just look like everyother hatch out there.

BlueSiclone

Master Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I say if your not going to go all out and do the interior too then no need to make it an exact replica. You can save money and time just throwing an si motor or a gsr motor in w.o having to worry if it's legal or not. Because with just a swap, front and rear lip, and a ctr spoiler you'd just look like everyother hatch out there.
I was going to say the same thing. I wouldn't go through all the extra trouble...throw the Si if you wanna save a couple bucks or go for the GSR...not worth all the extra bs for the Jap motor....

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
b18c > b16b

IMO...

Modest Throttle

Registered VIP
Yeah I still haven't decided on what I want to do for sure. It would be sick to have a 1.8L motor in there, I guess i'll just wait and see. Thanks for the input