b16 swap won't start

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
haha suckaaaaaaaaaaaa...mine started right up cause i'm cooler than u 8)
how long did your swap take?

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
how long did your swap take?
3 days...not whole days though...and i was by myself..other than an occasional hand from a friend

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
it took 3 of us a weekend and alot fo beer to do mine =)

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
4 weeks so far to do mine!!!

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
it took 3 of us a weekend and alot fo beer to do mine =)
lol well my car was out of commission for 3 weeks though..sunday was the only day off so it took me 3 sundays to start right up..but i couldn;t drive it till monday cause i needed the gsr throttle cable :lol:

and i'm a f**kin n00b...i aint know shyt..def. glad i did it though...dont regret a second of it... 8)

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I love my b16, so a turbo D can take me big f**king deal, when the nitrous goes on i will win =)

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
I love my b16, so a turbo D can take me big f**king deal, when the nitrous goes on i will win =)
dont remind me that thread mang...what a waste of typing...people just wont get it...
those r the people that will tell u the world needs no ferraris or lambos.. because my D can make that amt of HP..:lol:

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
Sounds like a great project but I'm almost positive it's nothing mechanical and it's going to be elctrical - keep up the search and you'll figure it out.

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
now check the ecu u have with the p2t....
if they look the same that means they r both obd2a...
plugs will fit i believe but dont put it on...
u need to use a conversion harness to connect to a diff obd..
Yes, both ecu's look the same (2 plugs then blank and one plug) so same obd?

sorry, just a bit confused.. "plugs will fit but don't put them on",
The converiosn harness will be for obd2b->a where there will be three plugs and blank? so if the layout is the same its ok? sorry.

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
io_303 said:
wow, thats taking a while, does this shop do alot of swaps?
I think this is there first!

To be fair to them tho they have had a few problems, the first loom was damaged, the first ecu was wrong, then they had a wrong set of wheel hubs, which were send back and they sent wrong ones again, then a axle was found to be bent, then the mounts would not line up (used wrond rear tranny mount) and there were problems connecting up the power steering hose' now it wont start!

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Black Sheep Performance said:
Sounds like a great project but I'm almost positive it's nothing mechanical and it's going to be elctrical - keep up the search and you'll figure it out.
I hope its all electrics as well, but i will do a compression test tomorrow, just to rule that out.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Black Sheep Performance said:
Motor's don't need oil to start, it's not the oil.

I would say it's the ECU or ECU wiring as well, that's the best bet given the information.
sorry. but anybody with a brain would not start a motor without oil :lol:

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lonewolf said:
I think this is there first!

To be fair to them tho they have had a few problems, the first loom was damaged, the first ecu was wrong, then they had a wrong set of wheel hubs, which were send back and they sent wrong ones again, then a axle was found to be bent, then the mounts would not line up (used wrond rear tranny mount) and there were problems connecting up the power steering hose' now it wont start!
you would have been better off letting a one armed blind man do your swap.

Black Sheep Performance

5+ Year Member
lonewolf said:
I hope its all electrics as well, but i will do a compression test tomorrow, just to rule that out.
Again that's not going to be the issue my friend. Even with an entire cylinder down it would still run - just had a b16a2 in here with #3 out and it still ran fine, heh good old Honda.

Yes, you shouldn't start a motor without oil but it does start, and will run for a good hour before it blows up ;).

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea like that vid with the 5th gen that redlines for like an hour with water in the oil tank and then just drove away like nothing happened, then did it again and again...thing was bullet proof.

good luck with your motor though man

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:
yea like that vid with the 5th gen that redlines for like an hour with water in the oil tank and then just drove away like nothing happened, then did it again and again...thing was bullet proof.

i think that was more than an hour, they gave up on the first day, and then on the second day floored it for like an hour

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea, i wasn't sure. that was such an amazing video though, i don't think anybody would have guessed it would have lasted that long, just your normal everyday 5th gen stock motor, not sure what trim it was

lonewolf

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Going-West said:

Yes, that is a great vid!!!