b16 swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my apologies, caddy. it's just instinct for me when someone replies "nonsense" to a post that makes sense. i hope you know what i mean.

yes it is true that when you raise an engine's redline margin will result to making your engine's longevity very short. but as long as the hybrid engine is built the right way, the first time... a hybrid engine will definitely give so much potential to whatever type of driving it is required to do.

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i agree! and im not gay! not that theres anything wrong with that...

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well i think the b16a deal from hmotorsonline.com is a great deal, thats where i plan on buying my b16a as a matter of fact.

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats a b17 from?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
usaaf....... :mrgreen:

wonder how many people will get it.....

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
not me...its late and ive been studying all day

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
b17 is very similar to the b16, its out of the 92-93 usdm integra gsr.

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B17's could carry a sh*t load of bombs. B17G varient was my favorite. I think they could carry like 25,000 lbs?

Myogi_Nightkid

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hold on... i'm lost here.... are we talking about planes or the B17 motor from the 92-93 GSR?

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ya, not bad.... i was referring to the bomber. one of my favorite aircraft... i have three 1/16 scale models with custom decals and paintjobs.....

anyway, sorry. back to the topic..... something about a motor................

99ExCoupe

Volvo > Civic
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
My favorite bomber would have to be the british Avro Lancaster. It was powered by 4x Rolls Royse Merlin X v12 motors making like 1200 horse a piece. It normally carried a bomb load of about 14,000 lbs...but could carry a 22,000 lbs bomb called the "Grand Slam." It was the biggest general purpose bomb ever dropped. It dug 60 feet in the ground before it detonated!

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
shinobi said:
wussup all,

i just bought a 92 civic hatch cx (5 speed), it's the first civic i've ever had so don't know much about this car execpt that it has low hp. i need some help that's why i'm posting this. how easy or hard is it to throw in a b16 engine. and if i do that would i need a new transmission, motor mounts, etc. or will it drop right in? :?:

alright u can use your stock motor mounts just need the tranny mount from a 94-01 teg ( dont tell anyone i told u that ) people say you cant use them but i did on everyone of my swaps one with one car i hada change them cuz they where shot, new tranny, wire up vtec since a CX dosent have it
( i hated my CX for that ), and axles for a 94-01 teg without abs and there u go, dont forget if u get a b16a1 u need to change the injectors and dizzy...

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EF_CaSe said:
alright u can use your stock motor mounts just need the tranny mount from a 94-01 teg ( dont tell anyone i told u that ) people say you cant use them but i did on everyone of my swaps one with one car i hada change them cuz they where shot, new tranny, wire up vtec since a CX dosent have it
( i hated my CX for that ), and axles for a 94-01 teg without abs and there u go, dont forget if u get a b16a1 u need to change the injectors and dizzy...
the f**k did i tell you boy... peace out, go have another vacation.

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Holly f**king revival batman, HAHA case got banned again lmao. Damn that boy cant stay on here for s**t lol

PowderPimp911

Banned
92 4DoorSleeper said:
Holly f**king revival batman, HAHA case got banned again lmao. Damn that boy cant stay on here for s**t lol

that guy just has something for me.. 1st he said about posting in engine tech no i cant post anywhere because hes gay... u can banned this name to its not mine anyways

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i just read the whole post for no reason and most of the thread is dumb. i hate when people take a simple question and argue about engines and speak half the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.