b16a gaskets/seals and axle shafts

SoDak

I've got a JDM b16a with a s1 trans. I would like to put new seals/gaskets in the engine and trans before it goes in my 88 crx si. My question about the gaskets/seals is would and USDM b16a gasket/seal I buy work, I assume it would. As for the trans what USDM trans would use the same seals, or should I take them out measure/ order them that way. Finally would I be better off buying Hasport half shafts or will OEM shafts work, and again what ones.

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I've got a JDM b16a with a s1 trans. I would like to put new seals/gaskets in the engine and trans before it goes in my 88 crx si. My question about the gaskets/seals is would and USDM b16a gasket/seal I buy work, I assume it would. As for the trans what USDM trans would use the same seals, or should I take them out measure/ order them that way. Finally would I be better off buying Hasport half shafts or will OEM shafts work, and again what ones.
USDM B16A engine gaskets and seals will work - for transmission seals and axles use 90-93 Integra - OEM axles will work fine - you need to remove the dust rings from the back of the knuckles and the axles to keep the axles from binding

SoDak

Thanks. now I'm having problems getting a timing belt kit, seems my local auto parts doesn't list a b16a. Would any B series timing belt kit work?

jlicrx

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks. now I'm having problems getting a timing belt kit, seems my local auto parts doesn't list a b16a. Would any B series timing belt kit work?
you need timing belt kit for 94-97 Honda Del Sol with B16 VTEC engine