b16a running like crap

Elton

not sure whats going on it just started ... it barely idles and will die if you dont keep the rev's up and if it dies its hard to start and will hardly run with out pumping it does stay running though just wont idle ...its got new spark plug wires oem's

llestekb20

check your idle air control valve(pull it off and clean it with some brake/carb cleaner or make sure its plugged in and operationg,next check your tps sensor(if its not probed or probed properly itll have a throttle hesitation and at idle itll die at times)....adjust the idle screw as well....play around with those things as see if it makes a difference...had a similar problem with my b20

Elton

really not a clue where any of that stuff is i know the iac is on the back of the intake

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
really not a clue where any of that stuff is i know the iac is on the back of the intake
google is your friend..try using the search on here as well

llestekb20

yup 2 hoses and sensor harness to pull off and 2 12mm bolts to undo and go spray the hell outa the screen.tps sensor is on the back of the throttlebody....if u dont know how to probe it a mechanic will.the idle screw is the flat headed screw over the butterfly valve on the TB

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Could also be out on the timing or not enough fuel pressure. Ran into this on my small block chevy but never with a honda.

Elton

it just started doing this though its worse when its cold but gets a little better when its warmed up

Blood_Shot

Banned
Registered VIP
okay, so you need to do what everyone and myself said and check and probably clean your IACV

do that NOW

Elton

took the cap off notice the rotor was done got a new one and a cap and turned the idle screw out some its better but the idle still sucks

Elton

new cap rotor plugs and wires ...cleaned thing on intake new fuel filter ....runs drives fine little hard to start cold idle dont hunt around