B16a2 swap into '93 Si, CEL #10 problem.

iHeartHonda

Ok I've been trying to fix this problem myself but can't so decided to post for help. I bought this 93 Si hatch with this swap already done to it (b16a2) and after about 2 months this CEL code #10 came out. Now, my intake manifold didnt come with the hole for an IAT sensor, the intake arm I have is aftermarket but there's no connection for a sensor anywhere. The sensor has to be there somewhere because the light came on about a month ago, the car runs sputtery & I can tell it's not running right. I have a p28 ecu, idk if that would be helpful to you guys. Im gonna post pics to show you guys a little bit better what I'm talking about. For right now I'm on my phone so I can't. I have an obd2 sensor already in my intake, aem short ram, the hole already came drilled for the sensor but like I said the sensor is just in the arm connected to nothing because there's nothing to connect it to.

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Get the factory plug off an obd2 civic, wire it into the wires that would go to yours in your factory harness, plug up sensor. bye bye codes.

iHeartHonda

Thx man.. So it would be easier to get the plug that goes on the intake arm right? I don't wanna deal with drilling any holes into the manifold.

obracer12

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you could always get an obd1 b16 ecu... the cheaper and easier thing to do is go to the junk yard and look for Intergras and civics that were OBD2 and cut yourself a plug and splice in the wires when you get home.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
doesn't have to be an em1. It can be from any of the trims.

iHeartHonda

Yeah true.. Too bad nobody is selling one here cus where I live I don't really know anybody or have a junk yard near me. Louisiana is mostly American cars..

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
The same could be said for Alabama, but it would be a lie. You just have to know where to look.