b18c1 crx vs i think 2000+ mustang gt

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
So I'm driving home from work just now on route 8 and im just trying to get home. f**king tonight sucked. My friend didnt come see me at work so im all depressed about that and then i come to this damn stoplight. I see some car flying up to it and stop. Its some young kid like me in a silver mustang. My friend works at dealer so im sure its like a 2000+ because of the wheels. But then again i dont know if they are all the same from 2000 up so who knows. I have a 13.75 on my window because i was at track last week and im lazy and dont want to wash my windows. I look over and i guess he is lazy too because his car says 13.60 on it. He catches me looking and revs on me and takes a sip of his soda. The first thing that comes to my mind is f**k that no way 13.60 unless he is on slicks or that motor isnt stock. So I rev back and he just looks at me and sorta smirks. Im like cool. I start getting nervious thinking damn this car could be running 13.60 on street tires and ive only hit a 13.76 with a 2.1 60 foot. So this is all going through my head and i have deftones be quite and drive playing on the stereo. So i look around no cops. I f**king rev the car to 4 grand and hold it. The light turns green i f**king spin a bit of tire and the mustang pulls on me for a sec. I hit 8600 and shift to second. I start to pull on him. 8600 at top of second im almost ahead of him. I shift again mustang starts to look slow to me for a second. 3rd gear 8600 and i hit rev limiter on accident but im pulling this f**ker easy. 4th gear im 2 cars on him easy and he is slowing down. I pull up to the next light and he is just shaking his head..i think he was saying f**k but i dont know his window was up. I gave him a thumbs up when he looks at me and i turn left to go to my house. Im f**king glad no cops were in the area. I usually dont street race but damn it felt good to go home a winner.

cliff notes. Mustang revs at me i rev back we race. he launches on me by 3rd gear he is my b***h.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:lol: Nice. I wonder what the number was really all about. I hope he spilt his soda. :P I detail btw... hehe.

Going-West

Tree people on my radio
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nice kill dude, wish my car was faster

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
EX 2000 said:
nice kill dude, wish my car was faster
yeah i know you didnt come see me tonight. I know you detail but ryan works at ford dealership remember i raced their new 2005 evo there lol. I told you about that.

T!mmy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hey man...what all have you got done to the car? I'm about to get me a 89 crx and wanted to drop a b18c1 in...was wondering what time I should be going around...thanks man...

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
T!mmy said:
Hey man...what all have you got done to the car? I'm about to get me a 89 crx and wanted to drop a b18c1 in...was wondering what time I should be going around...thanks man...
i really dont know what the fast time im goign to pul in street tires is yet. I'll let you know when i get a 2.0 60 foot. So far wtih a 2.2 i got a 13.70 on street tires but there is room for improvement

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good kill.. the mustang must have been in the bracket racing and put a lower number then he can run..

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
anekin007 said:
good kill.. the mustang must have been in the bracket racing and put a lower number then he can run..
yeah maybe he didnt know how to dial in...this is true. But when i bracket race i always try to dial in right where im at for my ets

brookliner7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's awesome man! Awesome kill! I love racing and beating stock V8s, feels good to come out on top whenwe're the underdog when it comes to displacement
I would love to drop my LsVTEC in a CRX!

Why49

Dat a big wing round eye!
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hearing that makes me feel good. Just knowing that my CRX is going to be doing that soon. Do you have a full interior? Mine's all gutted out, including the carpet. I have the heaviest of CRX's and need every advantage I can get. I don't really like the whole street racing deal, but if it's spur of the moment and a d**k in a Mustang or Camaro I'm all for it! ;) BTW, you're not lazy, you know you want to look cool with that 13 on your window, don't worry, we all do it.

deftones0817

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Why49 said:
Hearing that makes me feel good. Just knowing that my CRX is going to be doing that soon. Do you have a full interior? Mine's all gutted out, including the carpet. I have the heaviest of CRX's and need every advantage I can get. I don't really like the whole street racing deal, but if it's spur of the moment and a d**k in a Mustang or Camaro I'm all for it! ;) BTW, you're not lazy, you know you want to look cool with that 13 on your window, don't worry, we all do it.
well this week it says 13.5 and im a lazy motherfucker ask nofx. :P my car hasnt had a bath since last decemeber....i could really care less what people think of my car. It gets me from point a to point b fast. Thats all that matters. :P I dont think my car or me look cool NOFX chime in!!! Maybe if my paint clear coat wasnt peeling off i would wash it or if it had a nice interior mine is ripped out in back because it looked like soem took a sledge hammer to it when i first got it.

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Josh and his car look really cool. Really really cool. Well, Josh does at least. And the rex looks cool with the hood popped. Still dirty though....

Josh. We need to talk about this "I never clean the car" issue btw. This just WILL NOT fly. I'll just have to beat it into you. :P

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anekin007 said:

heheheh. Lower number is as bad as those sandbagging lil' bitches IMO

Good kill!

hondaguyef

KrazyAssMuFuka
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
Josh and his car look really cool. Really really cool. Well, Josh does at least. And the rex looks cool with the hood popped. Still dirty though....

Josh. We need to talk about this "I never clean the car" issue btw. This just WILL NOT fly. I'll just have to beat it into you. :P
Mine is clean and you haven't seen my hood popped :lol: . It must be your tuner getting you all of these kills? J/K. It's those building skills! Josh does need to clean his s**t though. You can't be dirty AND a full second behind me :twisted: .

Phil
5150 Performance