B20 engine in a 92 LX

ACE4DOOR

Banned
I am thinking of putting a CRV(146hp&133tq) engine in a 92 4door lx(2319lbs), possibly turbo or vtec head down the line. Question is with a stock b20 with basic mods like cold air intake, headers, exhaust, and some slight tunning, how would my car be on the streets compared to other B series engines, also what 1/4 mile time do you think I would run. My driving skills is crazy. Would this swap be a waste of money. Please help.

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The swap is pimp go for it if you have the money you can kill a b16 or b18 ( not type r) with the engine stock. Also throw a b16 head on there for some extra hp and torque

ACE4DOOR

Banned
It would be a daily driver, so if I were to put a b16 head on it. I'd want around 7200, or 7500 rev limit, would it be worth it, and would it run hard. I want to preserve the engine life(do to bad rod stroke ratio). I don't want to be like all my friends with blown LS VTECs. I figure the low end tq might make up 4 it.

Last edited:

rollinj86

Hit the vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Hmmm for a daily driver, the block will have to be properly taped and covered. The old oil holes need to be covered as well as you need to make a outer oil line, dowel pins need to be moved, and u need to make sure not to rev over 7000 your engine wouldnt last. The major problems peeps have with ls/vtec is oil leaks and its cuz they just slap the head on there with no oil line work. The oil line wholes dont match up so u get leaks inbetween the head. do this project correctly and youll have a daily driver, trust me its worth it the outcome is incredible. sorry if i confused u i am hella tired.

ACE4DOOR

Banned
Good looking out on the info, money is crazy tight, I shouldn't even be messing with racing that is how tight it is, but unfotunatly it is a serious addiction, and until they make some type of racers anonymous, ain't nothing changing. I think I will just take it slow, get the CRV engine, drive around with basic bolt ons 4 a while then mabey a miracle will happen, or I can save up enough 4 a CRVtec setup, or turbo.

Handlebars

None Taken.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
theres no point to crvtec in your situation. a cam, a p&p job on the head and manifold will net almost as much, if not more hp as ls/vtec and have far less chance of blowing up and be quite a bit cheaper. but if money is tight, dont mess with your car. you will break stuff, and if you cant pay to replace it, you can get yourself in a heap of trouble. dont bother doing something unless you can do it right.