b20 help! crank angle sensor

knorm

so im about to buy a b20z and put it in my 99 civic.. i was told that i will have to change the oil pump and install the crank angle sensor (crank fluctuation sensor JDM). i know i cant be the first to ask this but i cant find help anywhere so i thought i would post and see what i can get. and if anyone knows of any other issues i may hit please tell me! i hate surprises:???: please any advice help :D

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
all b20 engines are 96+ so they all have the same oil pump which is the same as any itr. They should have the sensor on it and it should plug right up.

knorm

Honda B20B JDM Used Engine CRV (97-01)
1997-2001* Honda CRV | B20B JDM Used Engine Used JDM 2.0L DOHC engine imported directly from Japan. Engine has been cleaned and tested for compression, oil pressure, and leak down tested. 6 Month warranty on long block only. Warranty does not include coverage of external accessories (manifolds, distributor, timing belt/chain, etc.) *JDM engine do not use a crank angle sensor. If using for 1999-2001, you must change over your own oil pump with crank angle sensor. We have been a direct importer of Japanese engines for over 26 years, with 2 stores in California.

this is straight from the company

knorm

all b20 engines are 96+ so they all have the same oil pump which is the same as any itr. They should have the sensor on it and it should plug right up.
this would be nice i just need to be sure so i can be prepared

knorm

also i need to know what ecu you run is it the same as the 99 b18? p75 i believe...:oops: