B20 non vtec in my automatic civic

the86driver

So exactly like the post said, im thinking about throwing a non-vtec b20 into my 97 civic coupe. Any build threads on this? I mean my uncle knows how to do it, but im just trying to get some more advices. If ya'll can help that be great.

taluzer45

4 Banger Deluxe
Registered VIP
Are you going to convert the car to a standard? If not, I wouldn't bother ! only for the fact that you might run into some issues..

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You won't be able to use the CR-V transmission. It's not a bad swap but usually people do it with the intention of doing a VTEC head swap, otherwise it's probably not really worthwhile.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No 5 speed no care.

stangjason

5+ Year Member
If you have any luck with this let me know. I would like to put a b20 or a b18 into my 97 Civic LX and keep it automatic so it will be a more pleasant commuter and more capable car for merging. I think if anyone makes a computer harness and mounting kit for this kind of swap there will be demand for it. Just as well it would be nice if someone would put together a parts list and wiring diagram for using an Integra or CRV automatic in a Civic (Gen 6).

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^ FYI - it's been 8 days since the last post.

The swap itself should be plug and play. But I don't think I've seen someone use an auto tranny in a B18/20 swap before. There are people that keep the stock non-VTEC swap and mate it with a shorter geared tranny like a B16/GSR. Makes for a fun "torque-y" dd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk