b20b..ok swap for my cx?

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
92 4DoorSleeper said:
haha, I think he meant a week
hehe... i don't know what he meant, i just did the math for him :P (and 40 hours/day... i know some crazy asians that come close :P lol)

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if you doing a daily diven car, check your local laws.. the engine is from a suv, most state law only allow swaps from a passanger car only.

EG HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i ment 40hours ina week..not 40hours a day..lol..any way i think ill jus get some kind of d series engine..it will be good enuff for what i need it for....i would work 40hours a week but i gotta do skool work n stuff..any way i think ill jus get a jdm d15b or somthin like that..im not to sure yet..ill worry bout it when the time comes..thanks for the help guys............and i live in indiana..hick town..i dont think would care less if i got a engine from a suv...we dont even have emissions any more so i dont think they would care bout a swap from a suv

Last edited:

TenzoMonk

Lick your back on it
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EG HB said:
i ment 40hours ina week..not 40hours a day..lol..any way i think ill jus get some kind of d series engine..it will be good enuff for what i need it for....i would work 40hours a week but i gotta do skool work n stuff..any way i think ill jus get a jdm d15b or somthin like that..im not to sure yet..ill worry bout it when the time comes..thanks for the help guys............and i live in indiana..hick town..i dont think would care less if i got a engine from a suv...we dont even have emissions any more so i dont think they would care bout a swap from a suv

hehe... even where i live in ohio (and it's not hick town...) we don't have emissions either... woohoo... i love that.

in any case... if you are going to go through the trouble to swap... i'd ALWAYS say go with a B-series... but that's just me. once you get a "little" taste of the power... you ALWAYS want more =)

EG HB

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tru..maybe my dad will give me a raise by the time im ready for a swap sense hes by boss..i doubt it tho..lol...ill jus smack him up a lil bit and demand for a damn raise..lol..thanks for the help

importlegions

1 god, 1 life,1 choice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Beelzebubba said:
For a few dollars less and a few headaches less: » Jdm engine : D15B VTEC
» Year : 92-95
» Valve train : SOHC, VTEC, 16 Valve
» Jdm transmission : Hydraulic
» Displacement : 1.5L

» Horsepower : 130 HP
» Torque : 106lbs@5200rpm
» Compression : 9.2:1

» Price : 480.00$ (USD)

You can re-use your cx tranny or go get an EX tranny and ECU from the wrecking yard. You're really only coming up short on torque compared to the B20B. And again if they short you anything you can probably pirate it off your CX or a nice wrecking yard EX.

Take the money you save and apply it towards a decent clutch.

i have this motor with a d15b and tranny combo, so lil better gearing setup then ur cx would put down but its a quick lil b***h, i have the usual i/h/e andno cat. on it for daily driving use and ilike it alot, spins alot and gets up to 100 pretty easy to. id go with this if you dont have alot of cash to throw at it, it be quicker then the lower comp. b20b too.