bad brakes or wheel bearing????

sikcoupe98

5+ Year Member
recently i heard a straing sorta grinding noise coming from my passenger side fron wheel the slower i go the louder it is in when i hit the brakes it makes the noise to but when im going like 55 their is no noise...is this the brakes r more likely the wheel bearing???

R3M3DY-Si

5+ Year Member
A good way to check if its the wheel bearings; when your on the high way and you switch lanes, as your switching the noise goes away. (or any time the weight of the car is shifted to one side or the other) I had a DC2 that had a blown rear wheel bearing, replaced it and fixed the noise.
Hope this helps.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
uhm, a slightly more effective way of checking is to jack up your car and see if the wheel spins freely/quietly or if it makes grinding and binding sounds

a slight metal on metal sliding sound is probably brake caliper touching rotor, but a grinding sound would be the wheel bearing

matt96ex

3 pedals ftw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
uhm, a slightly more effective way of checking is to jack up your car and see if the wheel spins freely/quietly or if it makes grinding and binding sounds

a slight metal on metal sliding sound is probably brake caliper touching rotor, but a grinding sound would be the wheel bearing
x2
check that and get back to us!

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
can i give myself a x5? f**k it, im going to anyway

x5

sikcoupe98

5+ Year Member
it ended up being my brake pads the warning squeckers on them when they need replaced was the noise i was having

clover ej6

i r mekanik
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
also when you jack the car up and spin the wheel put your hand on the spring and if you feel a vibration then its the wheel bearing..sometimes helps if you cant hear a noise

edit: 1 minute too late ftl

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
it ended up being my brake pads the warning squeckers on them when they need replaced was the noise i was having
better it be brake pads than a wheel bearing! wheel bearings suck to replace :x
also when you jack the car up and spin the wheel put your hand on the spring and if you feel a vibration then its the wheel bearing..sometimes helps if you cant hear a noise

edit: 1 minute too late ftl
:lol: