Bad Radio Reception help...

rd2000si

i have a 2000 civic si and i have all new speakers and subs and what not, but the radio reception is crappy like it has been. It is now starting to bother me now that i have a nice system. So my question is what can i do to make it better

Thanks

xpttcx

99 Honda Civic EX
5+ Year Member
Try pulling the antenna all the way up? I know on my 99 if its down it gets bad reception

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what kind of antenna do you have?

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
for a stock radio i would get an aftermarket antenna and either mount it where the windshield and dash board connect or tuck it under your headliner above your rearview.. but to save you some trouble if you dont already have a aftermarket stereo i would get one

emerican

Registered VIP
If its pulled all the way out and it still dosent pick up the stations good i would get an aftermarket one as stated above. My stock one does the exact same thing and i have a very expensive aftermarket radio, but since i never listen to the radio just ipod and cd's i havent done anything about it.

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
try an aftermarket antenna dude if it does not work out well take it back//

Brewster

My reception is bad as well. I can only pick up the local station. I noticed this morning when I pulled everything out to plug in my factory cd player that there was another antenna plug back there and one plugged into my radio. Not sure what that was about.

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If its pulled all the way out and it still dosent pick up the stations good i would get an aftermarket one as stated above. My stock one does the exact same thing and i have a very expensive aftermarket radio, but since i never listen to the radio just ipod and cd's i havent done anything about it.
Cause ya boy got you the hook up! :D

Anyways, I think an aftermarket antenna would be the best route to go. My reception on my 5th gen coupe (with aftermarket radio) is still pretty choppy. There are a select few radio stations that I get just fine, but they get static-y real quick.

rekcid

99 civic si bad reception

I also have bad reception with my 99 civic si, after market radio, stock antenna.
I live up north, when I listen to radio stations in the city on most days the reception is fine for the most part.
if the station starts to get choppy I can hold the tip of the antenna and it will come in clear as day. As soon as i let go, its back to static?? any ideas what the problem might be?