banners

Rand0m

Adamantium Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
new jersey devil said:
yeah its been discussed and is in the works.. the thing is because its a narrow long picture.. not only does it have to be a decent looking car... and a good shot.. but it also has to be a shot that works well cropped like that.. but yeah.. there has definately been talk about adding more..
meh, your question has pretty much already been answered.....someone else already brought up the carshow, so why make a new thread, he could just get his question answered here :what:

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
yeah its been discussed and is in the works.. the thing is because its a narrow long picture.. not only does it have to be a decent looking car... and a good shot.. but it also has to be a shot that works well cropped like that.. but yeah.. there has definately been talk about adding more..
haha nice way of saying our cars suck our pictures suck and well it wouldnt work :lol:

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
haha nice way of saying our cars suck our pictures suck and well it wouldnt work :lol:
not at all

oc_civic said:
yeah its been discussed and is in the works..
its not a matter of the car OR picture sucking.. its a matter of it fitting the style of the banner well..:cool:

the image needs to be more like long side rectangle view of the car instead of like a stubby square

Last edited:

cole

holding monster
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
We need new cars on the banners. Getting tired of seeing the same ones. That and it'd be cool if there was a bit more variation.
and if they were more of the members rides insted of someone eltses :P

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
not at all

its not a matter of the car OR picture sucking.. its a matter of it fitting the style of the banner well..:cool:

the image needs to be more like long side rectangle view of the car instead of like a stubby square
so now ur saying our pics suck because we have no clue about dimensions? cant telll a rectangle from a stubby square? :roll:

i kid i kid :oh:

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think he;s sayin most people get too close to the car and take pix from poor angles.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
cole said:
and if they were more of the members rides insted of someone eltses :P

as far as i know they are all members..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
i think he;s sayin most people get too close to the car and take pix from poor angles.

i am
and
he knows

;)

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
As far as I know they all are or WERE members. I'd have to go through them again. We have a lot more cars on here that are good looking but not on the banners. I think that's unfair to say all the nice cars are already on the banners (as was said in the banenrs thread). And completely false.

I don't think the cars in the banners need to have anything going for them besides maybe looks. it's great if they have more, but I don't think they need more.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
NOFX said:
As far as I know they all are or WERE members. I'd have to go through them again. We have a lot more cars on here that are good looking but not on the banners. I think that's unfair to say all the nice cars are already on the banners (as was said in the banenrs thread). And completely false.

I don't think the cars in the banners need to have anything going for them besides maybe looks. it's great if they have more, but I don't think they need more.

oc_civic said:
yeah its been discussed and is in the works...

;)

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just noticed blackh0pes car in a banner, looks great! :thumbs up

NOFX

I'm NOT eran!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Updated with all the banners listed along with a key (since it seems to be a relatively common question of who owns what car in the banner at the top of the page).

We should list up some car that we realistically might be decent in the banners. =) Then maybe those peopel would even be willing to take a photo that would allow a banner to be made of it. Of course, like the "post the best/nicest" car threads, I'd encourage you to find a car besides your own to suggest. Saying your own... well, you're kind of bias.

I'll suggest:
lestah's 6G sedan
gabebuamen's 6G coupe
Jezek's 6G hatch (come on, it's one of the most famous cars on this site to be honest)
noeladams' 6G coupe
Hatch_Of_Doom's 5G hatch
meanstreakcivic's 4G hatch (no 4Gs up there yet!)
s0ltker 7G coupe (no 7Gs either!)

Honorable mention to civic_on_air... though I don't think he'd like that much now and I don't think I'll be seeing anymore pics of that car either.

SIRIUS

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NOFX: The Blue Si is mine (just an FYI).

BTW: Jezeks hatch I believe at one time was one of the cars in the banner. He must've asked for it to be removed.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how about we make this easy.. instead of nominating people.. who may or may not even want to participate.. i think it would be easier if you are interested and you have images that you think would fit well feel free to PM them to me or Jay Jay... we are not going to suddenly add a hundred cars up there.. but there will definately at least be a few more added.. = )

i just dont want this to turn into who thinks who should be there and someone else disagrees and thinks he should be there.. and is then bitter because his pictures are good enough and the others are not kind of thing.. thats all..

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think it should be past rotm winners/ car show winners only. imo