Bass Blocker

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Does anyone know where I can get a 100Hz/ 6dB Bass Blocker? I am only able to find 150Hz.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
whats a bass blocker?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
1999stockaccord said:
basically its a resistor. try www.crutchfield.com or best buy/circuit city
screw that :lol:

try any local small audio shop first, and secondly try electronics shops like radio shack
both should have it, no waiting for shipping, and no idiot installers to talk to or huge markups as places like best buy or circuit city

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
so uh... what kinda setup you runnin that you need caps?

are you doing it for tweets or coaxials

running off of deck or amp power?

if deck, what kinda deck
if amp, what kinda amp

you shouldnt need these... but i am guilty of using them in the past also

if i were you, i'd just search ebay for some decent crossovers

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know where to get regular Bass Blockers but I am looking for a specific frequency of 100Hz. I guess I could just go buy some Non Polar Electrolytic capacitors from radio shack that are 400uF.

I have an Alpine Deck hooked up to a 600W 4Ch Pioneer amp going to 6.5" front Pioneer speakers and 6x9" rear Pioneer speakers. I need them to block out the real low frequencies that are making my 6x9" sound f**ked up as if they are poped.

Here is a link of a Bass Blocker for those who don't know what it is, and it isn't a resistor( that is to block out high frequencies), it is a capacitor (not the big ass ones that you hook up to your bass amp either). Linky

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ahhh the worth of a four channell amp with a built in crossover. I would say get a new amp or a deck with a built in crossover. Bass Blockers do not like to have higher wattage ran through them

TripeoXxX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
snoopy316 said:
ahhh the worth of a four channell amp with a built in crossover. I would say get a new amp or a deck with a built in crossover. Bass Blockers do not like to have higher wattage ran through them
My amp does have a built in crossover: Highpass, Lowpass, and Full bandwidth, but I don't wan't to block out all low frequency, just below 100Hz.

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
TripeoXxX said:
My amp does have a built in crossover: Highpass, Lowpass, and Full bandwidth, but I don't wan't to block out all low frequency, just below 100Hz.
i can control that both with my deck and with my amp