BC people!

boi-alien

kouki factory.... soon
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys i need some help from you. I might be moving to vancouver in september. i think my car will have problems passing emissions because... well i have no cat, i live in calgary and we do not have emissions testing. anyways. are they really strict down there about emissions? i heard they tow modified imports on sight, is that true?

boi-alien

kouki factory.... soon
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
nobody?!?!

knockoff

you can call me ABE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i dont know.. but apparently you should be wished a happy b-day

caddy

I found Waldo
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No they don't tow them on sight, but you'll have to get a provincial safety inspection before you can insure your vehicle in BC. Then you go through the aircare testing (pay $24) facility and if you pass then you get you insurance for 1 year. If you fail you get a conditional pass for 3 months and have that amount of time to go to an Aircare certified repair facility where you have a limit of $400 to spend on your vehicle. Including the initialrepair fee, if the tech concludes that it is going to cost your vehicle more thatn $400 to make you car pass aircare, you'll get a conditional pass for 1 year (but you have to pay $24 and go through the testing facility again to do it), then when that year is up, you have to go through the whole ordeal again. If the total cost of making your vehicle is under $400 then you are required to spend the money on that vehicle to make it pass or can't get your vehicle insured. (our shop is an aircare repair facility)

Britty

CC's Grandma =p
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Nope, the will not tow your car, unless (obviously) you give them a reason to. I'm pretty sure you will be fine going thru Aircare. =)

teatoe man

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no they don't tow your car all you will have to do is put in a car for the day it take to get aircared
I would say just don't move there but that's just me