Beefing up the EM1! The Research begins!

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Finally decided to pull the trigger and starting to get the parts for building up the EM1 for boost! Doing a full engine build to where I won't have to worry about over boosting the internals. I decided to just build up the B16 for boost instead of doing a swap. Going next week with my buddy to go pick up the parts from local shops who sell everything I need. If I can find a B16 head and block that are good, I might do that instead of tearing into my already running setup!

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Moved out of the tech section because there isn't an actual question.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
Should just start a build thread OP. And if you are going to buy a spare engine anyway why stick with the b16? If you do some simple research you may find that you will want to go with ls/vtec or gsr engine/head since the casting on the b18c1 is better for boosted engines.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
I'm still determining if I want to do a different engine build for boost. But honestly I've always been fond of the rev happy B16 motor. My ultimate goal is to make my engine bay look like the car came stock =) =) Picking up a B16 block and head is pretty cheap and this also allows me to do an easy swap without having to rip s**t out for a different motor setup. Yes I know if I went per say a B20 build or a B18C boost build I could do much better numbers. My ultimate goal power wise is only 400HP, past that number would be useless for me as this will still be just a daily driver.

Doubletap

5+ Year Member
Infamous seat belt issues, damn seat belt barely feeds back in! Time to go to Honda for warranty work! My SRS Light is on, and the seat belt barely goes back in nor feels like its pulled back in correctly!