Beginning Camera

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
So I want you guys to chime in on this. What's a good SLR camera for a newbie? Maybe I just want to do this as a hobby. I will look around a read up on threads about this. But I also want you guys have to say. Thanks guys.

ryanM

are you just looking for a point and shoot? just something simple to take pics of cars and junk?

if so i have a brand new polaroid 8mp i'll sell you for a good price...

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Oh sorry. Looking into some type of SLR camera. You know, to just play around with, take it as a hobby, try to get better at taking pics.

ryanM

o0o0o, then i guess i would suggest a D40 or rebel XT

both can be had for around $500 or so, less if you find a used one.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I've heard that the D40 is a good beginner camera. Hmm, I'm going to look into that more.

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
are you just looking for a point and shoot? just something simple to take pics of cars and junk?

if so i have a brand new polaroid 8mp i'll sell you for a good price...
:rolf: you're already getting rid of it?

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
:haha:

thats great.

Go with the XT or even with the XTi .

stupidguy10

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
always heard good things about the XT....what thinking about picking one up myself..

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have an xti i am selling for $480. complete kit you would buy from best buy or wherever plus 1gb cf card, remote and circular polarizer filter. it has a couple scratches on the body but nothing big. lol this is going to sound stupid but i just set up a paypal and not sure how to use it. if any can chime in on how to make transactions with other people just let it be know haha. :smackself.
[/URL][/IMG]
scratches are on mode wheel, and right next to view finder on the right side. terribly over exsposed picture but the only way i could get both to show.

edit: heres a pic of the whole kit minus the polarizer.
[/URL][/IMG]

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
how much are you looking to spend. I would go w the XTi since it can be found fairly cheap now. if you want to get something new and a little better....go with the XSi

JerseyStrong

EMII
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Canon owners will of course tell you to get a Canon XTi or XSi, and Nikon owners will tell you to get a Nikon D40 or D40x...its just a personal preference and the Canon owners not realizing a Nikon is better.

:scurred:

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah, I expected that. But slow your horses guys, I'm just looking into this now. Are people are already want to sell me their cameras. I still gotta look into this more before I actually get ahold of a camera.

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
d40 over d40x
xt over xti

my personal preference still...d60

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my wife is talking about getting me a d80 cuz they have it at her work

what do you guys think?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my wife is talking about getting me a d80 cuz they have it at her work

what do you guys think?
its a good camera. smaller body and light so its good for walking around and everything.

enycesam

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I don't know. I'm looking into the D40 and it seems pretty good. I'm leaning towards that.