best/cheapest slr

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I've heard good things about the Canon rebel, but they're around $600, give or take a few.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
^^I edited like 2 seconds before you posted that.

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well..thats great but lenses are about 100-150 for the kit lens..
as for lense, you might want to invest a little more than kit lense. you don't get quality with kit lense. it's totally worth it, and really good investment since price doesn't depreciate as much.

elianthony

5+ Year Member
I'm a Canon fan so I will suggest a Digital Rebel or a leftover 20D. Get a kit lens, 50mm 1.8, and nice 70-200/300 and you should be set for a while.

bmyers4321

timmy the testie rules!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
this is an excellent starter camera. 549 after the mail in rebate and comes with two lens'.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/500315-REG/Nikon_9420_D40_SLR_Digital_Camera.html

as for lense, you might want to invest a little more than kit lense. you don't get quality with kit lense. it's totally worth it, and really good investment since price doesn't depreciate as much.
i disagree. the kits lens is a fairly decent lens. when i first got mine i took my (now gone) D50 and 18-55mm kit lens to boti and had lots of awesome pictures. i would still use it to this day if i hadnt sold it with my D50.

Astheros

AMPhotography
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i checked BB and the Canon XTi is now down to 700 with the kit lens.

civic_owner

aw man
5+ Year Member
i waz lookin at the nikkon d40 recently and saw some realli good pix takin with it, but i herd the lenz it comz with sux. iz thiz true? (i think it comz with a 15-88mm lenz)

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
use a f**king 'S' not a 'Z'.
For most people the kit lens is just fine.

lilwhitecoupe

Ricer
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if your going to get a nice camera, just keep savin up until you can get something really good, thats kinda what im doin right now