////Best match for Koni Str.t's////

dwoodson87

ProtekYaNeck
5+ Year Member
K guys the koni's came in today, now springs are next. Need oppinions on what would b the best match for them on a dd. narrowed it down to H&R sports, s-techs, or eibach sportlines.(will post full install w/pics shortly) looking for max 2in. drop w/ best ride(no bouncy s***). leaning towards the h&rs..

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ride quality from best to least: S.Techs, Eibach Sportlines, then H&R Sports.

The S.Techs don't lower quite as much and they spring rates are quite a bit softer. Would make for an excellent ride but not quite a solid as the other 2.

As for the Eibachs Sportlines and H&R Sports, they are nearly identical. They both lower about the same, I think the Eibachs will get you a tiny bit lower though. The spring rates are just about the same, Sportlines being a tiny bit softer but the difference wont be noticeable.

dwoodson87

ProtekYaNeck
5+ Year Member
eibach says 1.8" front and rear. weird, every other spring ive seen is a little lower in the front. im kinda hesitant to buy bcuz i dont want it to seem higher in rear than front.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Go with the H&Rs then. Like I said, they are very similar to the Eibachs.

chitownJDM

My buddy lowered his s2000 on H&R springs with Koni's, he HATED the ride! Stock shocks were better then Koni, he switched out the Koni for Tokico Blues and the ride was amazing! Later on with a tein s tech change the ride was even better and gave his s2k a meaner look. The H&R's were crap according to him, but everyone has there own opinion. I have tein s tech on the way for my ej1 and waiting to get either skunk2 shocks or tokico blues.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My buddy lowered his s2000 on H&R springs with Koni's, he HATED the ride! Stock shocks were better then Koni, he switched out the Koni for Tokico Blues and the ride was amazing! Later on with a tein s tech change the ride was even better and gave his s2k a meaner look. The H&R's were crap according to him, but everyone has there own opinion. I have tein s tech on the way for my ej1 and waiting to get either skunk2 shocks or tokico blues.
Which H&R Springs? Sports or Race? Which Koni's? STR.T or Sports? Which ever H&R Spring he went with, his stock shocks likely aren't doing what they are suppose to. That's why it's necessary to run an aftermarket shock like the Koni's. Stock shocks are not designed to work with as high of a spring rate. Ride comfort is always the compromise of having a better handling car..

chitownjdm- If you are using the S.Techs, go with the Tokico Blues. The Skunk2 shocks are designed to work with their Skunk2 Springs, which are VERY stiff for lowering springs. This means the shocks are valved for those spring rates. The S.Techs are MUCH softer than the Skunk2 springs. Using the S.Techs with the Skunk2 shocks will give you a harsh ride.

OP, I wouldn't really take tchitownjdms comments too seriously. Not enough info on this post and it's a different car he's talking about. Either way, H&R Sport springs with either Koni STR.T or Koni yellow sports is a very good middle ground suspension for ride comfort and handling. The Tein S.Techs are quite a bit softer and yes they will give you a better ride, but your car wont handle as well. I've seen the body roll of cars on S.Techs, not far off from stock lol.

wetcmonkey

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i ride koni yellows adjustables with eiabach street, supposably 1.8 but whats nice is you can adjust konis for sport gives and extra inch but the ride is very comfortable, but im comparing to my old setup, coilover sleeves....

ek forever guy

Registered VIP
i ride koni yellows adjustables with eiabach street, supposably 1.8 but whats nice is you can adjust konis for sport gives and extra inch but the ride is very comfortable, but im comparing to my old setup, coilover sleeves....
Coilover sleeves arne't inherently rough rides. The spring rate of a spring or coilover sleeve or spring is what is important.

There are springs that are way rougher than OTS ground controls (380-250)

Sweet-N-Sour

5+ Year Member
I have this set up on my car Koni str.t with H&R sport spring. To me i like the drop and the way my car handles. It almost rides like stock minus a few bumpiness here and there. I'm on stock 185/65/R14 tire size so i rub when making quick U turns and sharp turns. its the tires however i'm going 15s soon.

redexcoupe

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ive got the Koni Str.t with the s-techs on my EK and its a very comfortable ride, its a little bit firmer then stock. The handling isn't as good if pared with different springs. But I also have a ITR rear sway and it keeps the body roll limited. I just wish that the drop was a little lower on the S-techs, but the ride is just the way I like it