Best online engine company?

Motoseeda

5+ Year Member
Sooo... ive been looking around for a new engine for my 98 civic.
and ive come across a couple. HMotors Online ive heard alot of good about but they are kinda pricey.. Then i saw this awesome b18c6 from Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD for 3500 with shipping but the reviews i read werent that great.. some where saying they were s**t and others were like their engine was working fine as of right now.

Sooo.. if you know of anymore sites or what you think about those two.
Hit me up! let me know!

soleicey

5+ Year Member
Sooo... ive been looking around for a new engine for my 98 civic.
and ive come across a couple. HMotors Online ive heard alot of good about but they are kinda pricey.. Then i saw this awesome b18c6 from Tiger Japanese Auto Parts LTD for 3500 with shipping but the reviews i read werent that great.. some where saying they were s**t and others were like their engine was working fine as of right now.

Sooo.. if you know of anymore sites or what you think about those two.
Hit me up! let me know!
make sure the tiger japanese site is this one jdmtigerjapanese.com because the other day i typed in tigerjapanese.com and it wasnt the same site... i really dont know which one is legit

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
DO NOT GO TO TIGER!!!! they d**k people around. try password

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Pay for HMO the first time, youll have the best chances of getting a legit motor.

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
honestly i would try to pick up a motor locally using craigslist. Ordering a motor online from those kinds of companies turns into mulitple horror stories.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
honestly i would try to pick up a motor locally using craigslist. Ordering a motor online from those kinds of companies turns into mulitple horror stories.
ya i was gonna say that to but i also thought about who you get it from. your more likely to purchase an engine that might throw a rod within a week. then again you might get real lucky. its really your choice.... if you spend the money for a good quality engine. your gonna get what you pay for.

its a risk either way. or buy a local one an rebuild the internals.... thats what i did. so i rebuilt my NA beast for the price of purchasing one online.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
oh yeah.
buy all this locally.
buy a ls block b16 head(or gsr head, which ever). build the internals (block and head) rock a gsr or b16 tranny with a p30 ecu...actaully just tune an ecu, and possibly go boost. prob solved. i would say all that would run 3.5-5000 and if you have time, and lsd

bud6770

Your mom has vtec
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boosted d-series, you can build it and make more power at the same cost of buying on online motor, because you need axles ecu trans etc. Theres alot of info on proper d-boosting for under 4k on here.

JDM_SPEC_SI-R

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Boosted d-series, you can build it and make more power at the same cost of buying on online motor, because you need axles ecu trans etc. Theres alot of info on proper d-boosting for under 4k on here.
great option.... single cammer jammer.

DOHCef

5+ Year Member
id go with the ls vtec with the gsr head then down the road if u want go boost

Solsykness

5+ Year Member
I ordered an sir2 swap for my 93 del sol back in 05. Motor was legit, shipping was quick. I had no problems.

Civic98Talon94

downshifting to 5th gear
5+ Year Member
Order from Hmotorsonline.com....yeah they're alittle pricey...but they have high quality engines and parts...you get what you pay for....i bought my 2005 K20A swap, from there...and it was good....