best program for burning cd's

justinwebb

Banned
well i have an odd question my girlfriend wanted me to burn tons of cd's and nero for some reson sucks ass and doesn't burn corretly in the new version.....so what is a good program that will convert from mp3 format and burn without freaking skipping or stuff like that

RedLine42

High Speed
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Windows media player

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eww, wmp sucks! Nero Ultra edition for the win!

si-hatch86

undesputed slowhatch
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wmp does suck. nero or itunes is best in my opinion

wmp=teh suck

100Percen%

The Random One
5+ Year Member
no idea what's wrong with your's but my Nero works perfectly. best thing i've ever used.

Vash526

Version_01
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
100Percen% said:
no idea what's wrong with your's but my Nero works perfectly. best thing i've ever used.
yeah i gotta agree, i can't stand using windows media player, Nero all the way.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
gnomebaker... oh wait, that's Linux :D
I use Nero as well (on Windblows).. If you have a slower processor, and minimal RAM, then when you're burning cd's, make sure that is the only thing you are doing.. no surfing, no checkin email, etc..
Let the proc deal only with burning CDs.. this will minimize the chance to get a skip or hiccup on the cd..

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
qwikxr said:
gnomebaker... oh wait, that's Linux :D
I use Nero as well (on Windblows).. If you have a slower processor, and minimal RAM, then when you're burning cd's, make sure that is the only thing you are doing.. no surfing, no checkin email, etc..
Let the proc deal only with burning CDs.. this will minimize the chance to get a skip or hiccup on the cd..
Linux = GHEY
Windows blows Linux out of the water :rolf: Linux is to much of a command prompt style and usually only programmers use linux. True windows has its faults and at times I hate it very much but its better then mac or linux. I loaded fedora on a pc here and played with for a couple of days. It sucks.

Nero is what I use. media player I use to rip files.

qwikxr

former PCM#3
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ehh.. I like the ease of use that windows has, but hate it's quirks..

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
DetainedCivic said:
Linux = GHEY
Windows blows Linux out of the water :rolf: Linux is to much of a command prompt style and usually only programmers use linux. True windows has its faults and at times I hate it very much but its better then mac or linux. I loaded fedora on a pc here and played with for a couple of days. It sucks.

Nero is what I use. media player I use to rip files.
Shows how much you know about linux I use a gui for everything I do on linux. But the command line is nice for somethings. Anyways not going to get into what is better OS or anything. But just thought you should know most people that use linux these days use the gui just like in windows.

But to answer the question itunes works well for me and is pretty easy to use.

Linux is already way a head of the game with XGL too. You can watch it here http://youtube.com/watch?v=2a__LEQWBbg

Last edited:

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Liz said:
Shows how much you know about linux I use a gui for everything I do on linux. But the command line is nice for somethings. Anyways not going to get into what is better OS or anything. But just thought you should know most people that use linux these days use the gui just like in windows.

But to answer the question itunes works well for me and is pretty easy to use.

Linux is already way a head of the game with XGL too. You can watch it here http://youtube.com/watch?v=2a__LEQWBbg
Yeah I used the gui to just took some time to find everything. Plus everything has a K in the beginning. Like kword or something like that. Its has been a few months since I last looked at. My company thought they maybe switching to a linux platform so I checked it out but then our ERP system required windows. I think Microsoft is up to speed that just let everyone else come out with their products first and then they try to make a better version or copy cat version. Kinda like ROTA :shock:

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Haha MS like Rota that is funny.

If your ever try linux again your should try Ubuntu, its one of the best out there now. Plus there is the KDE GUI and the Gnome GUI. I personally like the Gnome GUI a lot better. So if you didn't like KDE that much you might like the other GUI. But if you are even a little intrested download a live CD of Ubuntu you might like it more than Fedora. Also Ubuntu has a ton of precompiled apps you can install very very easy.

DetainedCivic

I haz SR20
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Liz said:
Haha MS like Rota that is funny.

If your ever try linux again your should try Ubuntu, its one of the best out there now. Plus there is the KDE GUI and the Gnome GUI. I personally like the Gnome GUI a lot better. So if you didn't like KDE that much you might like the other GUI. But if you are even a little intrested download a live CD of Ubuntu you might like it more than Fedora. Also Ubuntu has a ton of precompiled apps you can install very very easy.
Thanks I might have to try that.

EM1_ProJect

Yeah...it's boosted
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Roxio Easy CD is deinitaly the best.....Nero doesnt recognize my INTERNAL burner sometimes.

EXSpeedAddict

POWERTHIRST!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just use WMP...simple, easy, and relatively quick (burns a full 10+ track cd in like 3 min)

Revolver

Oct 10th
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just open up the blank cd and drag the files onto it the use then burn a data cd by using the cd writing wizard that came with xp. No fancy program needed.