Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Function and Form Type2

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Skunk2

Votes: 6 54.5%

• Total voters

scdigitalgraphi

5+ Year Member
i need some help deciding what setup i should get for my 99 civic. i did some research and narrowed it down to 3 but i dont know what would be best for daily driving and if theyre good for the price or not. and if anyone has pics of their ride dropped on one o f these setups post them please, thanks!

Blox
http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=19590&cat=2154&page=1

Function and Form Type2
http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=18738&cat=1922&page=1

Skunk2(a little pricey)
http://www.weaksauceparts.com/store/product.php?productid=19311&cat=1204&page=1

98civb18c

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
All are for the same purpose just ride stiff or softer and some are more expensive. If your going for a DD, get something thats low but not "race setup". I have skunk2 Pro's on mine with skunk2 adj. coil overs. Rides soft but the wheels rub on the fender when I turn because I have it slammed.

my EBP EM1 has tokico illumina 5 way adj gas shocks with elbach sportlines.. it rides super nice and it was like that when I bought it.

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
gl with ur decision, let us know how it rides!

Sammo115

It be me, Sammo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What are you looking for? are you just looking to have it lowered and have a nice ride? or is it going to be a daily thats driven hard on weekends?

jdmem205

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yea I would like to know as well I was thiking of dong a shock and spring set up but not sure on which shocks?

snm95ls

5+ Year Member
For a DD, none of the options on the poll would meet my personal criteria. You have to have some ideas and be realistic about what you want out of a suspension setup whether is is for a DD, track car, or a dual purpose car.

I just installed a set of Eibach Prokit springs with Eibachs Pro Dampers. For me, it is the perfect combo for a DD. The ride is super nice, yet you still feel the road a bit. The ride height is slightly lower, yet I don't have to worry about scraping on entrances and speed bumps. My EJ6 has no sway bars as of right now and the handling is still pretty damn decent.

I also have a set of Eibach's Pro Street S coil overs on my ED6. I DDed this setup for almost a year, and have enjoyed it very much as well. The adjustable ride height is great for getting the exact stance that you want, but this setup is quite a bit more firm than the Prokit springs and Pro Dampers. The EJ6 has what I would call a more comfortable ride with a more street friendly ride height.

I also have a 90 CRX with Ground control with OTS rates(350f 250r) and KYB AGX shocks. This setup is very nice as far as handling goes, and I DDed this combo for almost 3 years, but it will wear you ass out on a long trip. Been there, done that, and don't care to do it again.

Out of the 3 setups, the ED6 is the most fun to drive as it won't beat you to death, but it does still have its compromises. To me the coil overs on it are the perfect balance for a dual purpose car.

Just my recent experiences, and thought on the subject.

BrakeLights

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have the Function and form type 2s on my 99 coupe. I love them and the ride is pretty good. Its a little bumpy but thats expected when your lowered. Ive had the f&fs for 6 months and i have no complaints, they go low and for the price are very good for a dd.

somejaykid

i'm a mod now
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
for dd i would go for blox but personally i would like to have the function and form 2 cuz you can adjust the dampers on them