Best shocks and springs for a daily driver car

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
what up guys,

looking on recommendations on what shocks and springs combos are good out there. i currently have function and form coilovers. I love them. but the civic is a DD and i drive 1.5 hours to work one way and the ride is shitty. Need some better suspension system. I want it dropped but not slammed like my coilovers. and I want a more comfortable drive. I drive through cities, freeways, and hills, and cities to get to work. so its a hella crazy route. Need comfort and looks. I own 97 civic with a si conversion look. has Si rims and all.

Here is my baby and its current drop. I dont mind raising it up a bit for better comfort. currently have function and from Type 2.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

mc360

boosted hx
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My suggestion would be to buy some new springs for for ff type 2. What do you have the standard 12k 8k front and rear? Eibach makes Coilover springs and you can get them in sets for 150$, buy one set in like 6k and swap the 8k from the rear to the front then put the 6k on the rear.

evilrilla2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My suggestion would be to buy some new springs for for ff type 2. What do you have the standard 12k 8k front and rear? Eibach makes Coilover springs and you can get them in sets for 150$, buy one set in like 6k and swap the 8k from the rear to the front then put the 6k on the rear.
Oh wow didn't know i can swap out them springs. They should be the standard for sure. I shall look into this as an option, thanks.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Koni Str.T struts with Tein High.Tech springs. They'll provide a reasonable drop with a very comfortable ride. They're on sale in the forum store.