best sounding / performance cold air or short ram intake for SOHC 98 ek?

ekprimal

Hey everyone, title says it all! was considering dropping a cold air or short ram intake for around like $125 into my car just for a bit of extra noise points. I know the stock box air intake is best performance wise and i've grown bored of no sound besides me ripping out the resonator lol.

I'm leaning towards a cold air intake but idk which is reputable.

I have a yonaka catback coming in soon also.

also, will cold air intakes help a bit with the AC lag SOHC's have to struggle with? Since summers around the corner I hate feeling that sluggish feel :(

Thanks cc

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
1) Just buy an cheap one on eBay and put a good filter in it.

2) No it won't help with the lag when the AC kicks on. The lag is because you have a tiny motor and it needs power to run, power the car barely has to begin with.

00siboy

lurkin...
Registered VIP
AC on SOHC is death. Even on the DOHC the lag is pretty bad. That just comes with the program. But ya just get an ebay CAI and put a name brand filter on it. Any cone filter is going to be much louder.

ekprimal

hmmm thanks guys. i'm now i'm leaning towards short ram intake with a K&N filter.....to avoid hydrolocking.

between injen, k&n and AEM. which is the best? or any other brands you would advise?

I was just looking into K&N SRI's and those run 200+

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i got a cheap ass intake on my pilot with a good filter,it sounds like a f**king jet engine