Best suspension setup?

EgCivicKid

So i recently got a kick ass deal on a 97 civic CX with 157k miles bone stock. And i also have an eg but its on skunk 2 struts and springs and i HATE the ride. Im looking for a lower look with around the same results as stock struts and springs. i looked into GC with Koni yellows with extended top hats but i need more peoples reviews could any one help me?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The combo you posted is the MAIN one that TONS of people use. I guarantee if you put some time into searching through here and google you will find more than enough reviews.

There is a sticky at the top of this section about different suspension set ups. Please read through it.

rustycivic2000

Registered VIP
I stand 100% by Koni/GCs. My brother has them on his '96 Accord. Definitely the best bang for the buck quality wise. So comfortable for dailying as well. And you can't beat the lifetime warranty on both products. No other coilover company really offers that.

And you only need extended top hats if you plan on slamming the car. Anything less than about 2" they aren't needed. Koni shocks aren't "position sensitive" meaning they perform the same at any amount of compression (traditional shocks lose performance as they get more compressed). After 2" though the extended top hats help, and decrease the chances of bottoming out.

And another thing I love about GC......getting to choose your custom spring rates.

Armando C.

I've been researching some suspension upgrades myself as well (im just sitting on H&R springs with new struts, rides nice, feels stock and almost 2 inches lower, small drop)
anyway
the Koni/GC setup has literally like no negative comments or bad rep. i havent seen one person complain. ive also seen a lot of Ksport Pros being run reliably without complaints. Typically, Koni/GC runners argue against Ksport runner, vice versa, but they both seem to be great setups. The deciding factor i would consider is Konis lifetime warranty, although many people have had issues going about replacing broken parts, it is there.

For the price, those are the two setups ive heard best about (again, never OWNED them, but Ive driven them)

check em out, and ksport has a TON of dealers locally throughout the states, maybe you can find a good price.

overall, over the counter, i would take the Koni/GC because of the warranty and the fact that you can personally resolve any issue. Of course, its a very reliable setup and they dont go out to ofen, but, if not, i would look into other options as well as still considering the Koni/GC setup.

Ive had experience with Skunk2 as well, hated it to. Springs are annoying because unless you can drop some decent money to get springs with spring rates designed for each corner of the car, your gonna lean towards the driver side regardless.

Some of the Tein full coilovers are good too, but very pricey.

full coilovers vs sleeves do have advantages as well, look it up and maybe thatll help your decision.

Jon247

Definitely should go with Koni/GC's personally have them and i can't complain, really worth every penny.