Best tires for 09 Civic SI?

Pendy

I have a 2009 Honda Civic SI. For 215/45-17 tires I'm leaning towards Continental ExtremeContact DWS or Michelin Pilot Super Sport. I live in Vegas so I'm not worried about snow/ice conditions anymore. Any suggestions?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Depends on what you want out of them. Didn't really give anything to go off. Mileage, performance in what weather conditions, just summer, all year round, etc. There are tons of factors.

Pendy

I'm looking for performance more than anything else. I don't really care about mileage either. As I said before I live in Vegas so I'm not really concerned snow/ice conditions. It doesn't even really rain here that much so I'm not too concerned about that either.

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Personally would go with Continental DW then. No need for the DWS if you aren't going to see snow. I have the DWS on my car and absolutely love them but we occasionally get snow here in the winter hence why I went with those instead if the DW.

Aldwin.

I'm looking for performance more than anything else. I don't really care about mileage either. As I said before I live in Vegas so I'm not really concerned snow/ice conditions. It doesn't even really rain here that much so I'm not too concerned about that either.
Bridgestone Potenza.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
If no snow, RE-11's. Pricey but they're one of the best performing tires as far as street tires go. Khumo XS are good but I've read they wear quicker than other similarly classed tires like Dunlop Star Specs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

08EX

f**kin' loud
This definitely depends on how your driving style is. And how much $ you're willing to throw down.

You don't care about mileage???!!

Are you planning on going to the track or something?

I always get Goodyear tires and I've never had a problem.