Best tires for under $300?

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I need a set of tires for my wagon since my current tires almost pretty much dead.
My rims are 16x7 and im not sure what size tire to get or the brand.
Thanks for the help.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We need more information...

-Year/model car
-type of tire you're looking for(ie: summer, all-season, winter, etc..)
-how long do you want them to last
-how important is wet/dry traction
-how much do you care about performance

JDMxDB8

Corners > Straights
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
For 16x7, I would recommend the Falken Ziex ZE-912 in 205/45/16. You can get a set of 4 for less than $300.

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
We need more information...

-Year/model car
-type of tire you're looking for(ie: summer, all-season, winter, etc..)
-how long do you want them to last
-how important is wet/dry traction
-how much do you care about performance
1990 honda civic wagon
around 40k miles
I live in florida so mainly dry but a little bit wet
I take corners quickly so performance is important lol

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i like either the nexen n5000 or the 7000s. the 2000s are garbage

Aaron.

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I had the n3000 and idk i just didnt like them, seemed cheap and they wore really fast

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got Khumo Ecstas for under 250 at tirerack.com, just wait until they have specials going on.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah it'll be hard to find a good tire in that size for under $300... The best ones around that price are either the Falken 512s or the Kumho ASX. I don't think you'd get 40k miles out of either. The Kumho AST will probably last a little longer than the Falken. Both are great tires though. I have the Falken 512s on my daily driver and they are great all around. My brother has the Kumho ASX on his Accord and he loves them, great tire all around as well.

TigBitties

Frame Bangin
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like my bridgestone potenzas but you cant get 4 for 300 so im not much help

darksolderx

5+ Year Member
I got Khumo Ecstas for under 250 at tirerack.com, just wait until they have specials going on.
i had kumho ecstas before i got the hankooks they were decent well i didnt buy them but the guy who had the car before me did AutoX and he used kumho ecstas so that may say something good about kumho tire quality, but the hankooks feel nice too

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i had kumho ecstas before i got the hankooks they were decent well i didnt buy them but the guy who had the car before me did AutoX and he used kumho ecstas so that may say something good about kumho tire quality, but the hankooks feel nice too
Kumho "Ecsta" is a line up of tires...

Kumho Ecsta MX
Kumho Ecsta XS
Kumho Ecsta SPT
Kumho Ecsta ASX
Kumho Ecsta V710
etc...

If the guy who autox'd was at all serious about it, then he may have had the Ecsta XS which are their best street tire. And yes, Kumho is a great brand. I've had the Kumho SPT's for daily driving and did a track day on them for fun, they held up surprisingly very well. I co-drove a buddies RSX for AutoX for half a season on his Kumho XS, very good tire. I know MANY others who run Kumho's and love them.