Better lighting with projectors?? Ideas?

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ok so most of you know i have projectors on my hatch.......visibility is becoming an issue, its so damn hard to see at night, the lights are just too dim.

Just wondering if you guys got any tips for better lighting?? The lights are H3 bulbs.

And please dont reply with "change to OEM lights", nothing gay like that, cuz i love my projectors and they gotta stay 8)

Thanks

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
HID BABy, there is a kit fo projo's isn't there? Other then that, switch back to OEM LMAO J/K bro

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
HID BABy, there is a kit fo projo's isn't there? Other then that, switch back to OEM LMAO J/K bro
:haha: funny man :P

I considered HID but thats just so damn expensive, im pretty much done spending money on exterior monds. Its time for the turbo project =) Its just that the lighting is killing me, almost ran into someone on a horse the other night

buzzbombtom

captin sleep0
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
umm just get some better bulbs like PIAA that is the first think i would tell anyone taht has projectors...cuz they suck just get new brights and lows andyou should be good

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
buzzbombtom said:
umm just get some better bulbs like PIAA that is the first think i would tell anyone taht has projectors...cuz they suck just get new brights and lows andyou should be good
where do i get PIAA lights?? I dunno what those are :???:

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah get some piaa superplasma's you won't be disapointed, or if you search there are some phillips bulbs sold in UK that are illegal here, they are like the brightest bulb you can buy. Just go to ebay and type in Piaa h4, you'll see allot there. Or anyother E-shop will supply them as well

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
yeah get some piaa superplasma's you won't be disapointed, or if you search there are some phillips bulbs sold in UK that are illegal here, they are like the brightest bulb you can buy. Just go to ebay and type in Piaa h4, you'll see allot there. Or anyother E-shop will supply them as well
even if my sockets are for H3's the Piaa H4's will fit??

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i have piaa's in mine and my light output is great..... er... well it's my girls car now :???:
i dont remember if we had h3 or h4's though

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Je said:
:haha: funny man :P

I considered HID but thats just so damn expensive, im pretty much done spending money on exterior monds. Its time for the turbo project =) Its just that the lighting is killing me, almost ran into someone on a horse the other night
what the f*** are you doin drivein around horses? dont know but that mental picture is funny as hell.

back to topic i would say get hid's i had piaa and i still had the same problem

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doug piston said:
what the f*** are you doin drivein around horses? dont know but that mental picture is funny as hell.

back to topic i would say get hid's i had piaa and i still had the same problem
LOL there are horse's in my town, if you lived in Simi Valley you would know what i mean, they just run on the street like its nothing, the horse would have ruined my car :P

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my bad, no get h3's!! And ur set, another option=ever consider foggs?

$lick Rick

TEOTWAWKI
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
like said above, oem fogs look good and do provide a little more lighting

Bangin' HB

surfing member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i went through this. all i can say is try to find a bulb you like, then spend time adjusting the lights. i have tried bulb conversions, but they dont work b/c of the positioning in the projector (too bad i found this out after i modded the base of a bulb, only to see output was worse even tho the bulb was brighter) but after my failed bulb swap, i spent time adjusting the lights and must say output increased. i guess i thought they were aimed good, but with projectors and the cutoff, you have to get them dead on to see good. if not you will have a line where light stops ahead, or a dim cresent right up front. it may be expensive, but another option could be to try and retrofit other projectors into your housings (i considered this, but think im gonna go with tyc projectors instead)

Je

the white hatch
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hooked_on4 said:
my bad, no get h3's!! And ur set, another option=ever consider foggs?
=) I got fogs for my R33 bumper, just havent installed them yet, gotta do alot of custom work and im lazy :P But yeah im gonna install them sometime this week, hopefull that will help me

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah throw some piaa's in your heads and match them w/some in ur fog's you'll be in much better shape. Get your lazy ass off the comp and do it lol