Bike hitch

Cobie56

Hey all. Great forum. Been lurking for a while but this first time,posting. Sure hope you all can help me out

I bike a lot and want to install a hitch on my brand new civic for a bike rack. I am having trouble deciding. It is my understanding that a "hidden hitch" is not made for the newest civic, only for the older models,

I am not sure which direction to go here. I don't want a regular trunk mounted bike rack. I had that on my last civic and suffered scratches and dents which I will be able to avoid with a hitch style rack

Any advice will be appreciated. Thnx

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have a '97 Civic but they likely offer the same options. I went with the only class-I type hitch available for Civics. I had Uhaul install it since Im moving out of state soon and they have lifetime warranty. I rather be safe than sorry no matter where I go. I also went with the Swagman XC rack (linked below). Its very sturdy & solid. The only issue was that it needed some spacers for the tire holder knobs to tighten properly. $2 took care of that. I also upgraded to some quality locks. Im very satisfied.

http://www.etrailer.com/Hitch-Bike-Racks/Swagman/S64650.html

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
When ever you make a tech question thread please include your vehicle make and model. Members can't help you with most stuff if they don't know what you are working with.