Blacked out 98 ex complete build

tony9156

I have been on the forum for a while but wanted to wait till I finished with my ride to post it. So here it goes. Bought my 98 ex 5spd civic back in 2007 after I sold my Nissan 300zx because I was having all sorts of problems with it. I just wanted a car that was reliable and that got good gas mileage. Just started doing minor things to it and this is what it's lead to. I just wanted a nice looking car, not really interested in doing any mods to the engine because I've had a fast car before. Let me know what you think about it, or what you think I should do to it.

When I first bought it stock

My Nissan 300zx before I sold it

Tinted the windows, added a mesh grill, and 17 inch Motegi's, and a moon roof visor

Installed an AEM short ram intake

Bought some smoked headlights, and blacked the tail lights out with vinyl

Then last fall I was driving to work one morning at 5am through a construction zone and hit a raised man hole cover going 30mph and destroyed my wheel. So since I needed to get some new wheels I figured I'd lower it too.

Pre lowering

Lowered on tein lowering springs and kyb adjustable shocks, with a new black paint job

Bought some drag dr 16 and liked them except for the polished lip so I striped them and painted them black, and painted my calipers black too.

My new drag dr-16's mounted on some 205/45R-16 Kumho Ecsta AST XL

Finally this week I got my CTR front lip and rear lip installed. I think they make the car look 100% better. I threw an exhaust tip on too cause I'm probably not going to do the exhaust on the car cause I don't have the money. And in one of the pics I turned the headlights on so you can see the new 6k HID's I installed. The only reason why I got them was because it wasn't safe driving at night because of the smoked headlights, the stock lights were not bright enough. The HID work great though.

Let me know what you guys think

Logan98036wa

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Looks really good, the last picture is my favorite.

Wink's EJ8

Wink's EJ8
i liked the dr's with polished lip but since that was your color scheme it turned out better than i thought... looks good man

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm usually not a fan of tinted tail lights and especially head lights, but you pull off the whole black scheme pretty well. I've gotta paint my calipers too and it wouldn't hurt to do my rear drum covers. Rust looks like crap with aftermarket wheels!

Clean :thumbs up.

sloth_civic

5+ Year Member
Stealthy as F#%$! i dont know if you can do it in your state, but would be cool if you could get black number plate.
i love what you have done =)

jeders

Guamster : ]
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm usually not a fan of tinted tail lights and especially head lights, but you pull off the whole black scheme pretty well. I've gotta paint my calipers too and it wouldn't hurt to do my rear drum covers. Rust looks like crap with aftermarket wheels!

Clean :thumbs up.
:word: i say go lower if you can, but damn i like it!

SevenSeries

I love what you've done, Its similar to what I had in mind for my black ej8 besides the blacked out front and rear lights.
How much did you pay for drag drs?

mylovehx

Hatches rock
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I love black civics! love the blacked out look. pulled it off pretty good :D

Shaaaft

FNG
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's not murdered out until you get that black exhaust tip!

Ya a black plate would look sick but unfortunately they only have red plates for MA
PA had D.A.R.E plates that were black. A guy sold one for $500 I think, I wouldn't pay that much for one but it'd be nice to have.

Puma

Has no filter
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't care for it. It's your car though.