Blayze2010's EJ1 build

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I think ill use the custom rods from rcautoworks, are there any good hp shops around here for the block work and tuning?

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Tuning there are 2. Mainstream in Dallas, GA and Motorvation Motorsport in Trussville. I use the Machine shop that Motovation uses. I've known Jim since I was 17. He's expensive, cut and dry but you'll get what you need. His machinist is very good. There are other cheaper ones.

086head

Registered VIP
Did you read up on chippin the p28 ecu? By the looks its on the R18 and all your doing is soldering a piece of metal to cause the relay to jump back. But thats what I assume. Pullapart time!

Edit: Ive read that you need a different motor mount as well. You read anything on this?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Yeah thats exactly what i need, and an ex 5spd ecu.

Ive been reading up a little on the auto to manual swap, still not real clear on what all I have to do. But I do know I need an auto to manual mount.
you cam make your auto P28 into a 5speed one if you are good with solder. ;)

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I think ill use the custom rods from rcautoworks, are there any good hp shops around here for the block work and tuning?
i highly recommend brevard cylinder head for bottom end and head builds. good prices, fast work, and they will get everything done right no matter what.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dont have that much of a budget for an ecu lol
I was guna go with hondata for tuning

Last edited:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont have that much of a budget for an ecu lol
I was guna go with hondata for tuning
the s100 is very bare bones and a PITA to tune with i hear...
the S300 is comprable to the Neptune RTP but the Neptune system has more features for a lil bit more...

the tune is the single most important part of a build, so getting a good system is worth the extra money IMO.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well worked on the car some tonight, been real tired from work here lately so havent felt like it. Got the dash, steering column and blower box out. Also Got everything but fuel lines and rear brake lines out of the bay.

Plans right now are:
Figure out how I want to tuck the fuel lines and brake lines
Shave some crap off the bay and paint
Tuck headlight harnesses

Ive also decided against swapping motors from my dx, so this will continue to be an ongoing project. Around income tax time all the parts and motor work will begin. Until then ill be focused on the body, interior and suspension.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well worked on the car some tonight, been real tired from work here lately so havent felt like it. Got the dash, steering column and blower box out. Also Got everything but fuel lines and rear brake lines out of the bay.

Plans right now are:
Figure out how I want to tuck the fuel lines and brake lines
Shave some crap off the bay and paint
Tuck headlight harnesses

Ive also decided against swapping motors from my dx, so this will continue to be an ongoing project. Around income tax time all the parts and motor work will begin. Until then ill be focused on the body, interior and suspension.
:thumbs up

086head

Registered VIP
Im almost jealous from reading on this build, but from how it sounds this is going to be very nice in the end. Meh, im just trying to get it road eligable and to enjoy a 5 speed lol. Im putting the current z6 i pulled out on a motor stand and build on it once i get my sound system right. Drivability, sound, interior, then a rocking rebuild on the other z6. We should meet at the strip when we get them running again and watch some races.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hell yeah man, im ready to drive mine but im going to take my time and do everything right the first go around. Its guna be a ton of work but I think it will pay off at the end.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Took a couple pics of how it sits right now, some body damage im going to fix after the motor is done and some of the brake & fuel line tuck parts ive got in.

Still need to figure out how im going to run the plug for the power steering pressure line

Will be drilling out the spot welds for the srs mounting bracket and mounting the porp valve here.

Last edited:

StilAHondaFreak

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Subscribed. Man the things I'm gonna do after we get a house with a garage...

Lookin good man, glwb! :D

Sent from my craptastic metro pcs android using Tapatalk2 (I miss my "real" internet :(

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah its great having a garage to just tear something apart and have it sit there for as long as you want lol.

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Scored a rear disc swap and 4040 prop valve from pull a part today, only $60 for it all. Sorry for shitty cell pics

Blayze2010

5th gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I couldnt even find anyone with them here local and anywhere else was like $150 or more. I had to take several trips to pull a part to find them but it was worth it.