Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok, dosent mean its not suck open.
just cus you took the line off

ryanM

if you are going to get snappy with us then no one is going to want to help you.

from the information you have given us, it sounds like a boost leak.

if you are SURE thats not it then WE need more detailed information from you. its hard to determine these things without seeing them...

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if its stuck open, you wont build boost, maybe a little since not all exhaust can go out a little hole.
check to make sure nothing it lodged in the flap

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
hmm...alright...that actually might be the prob then, cause when i started it up today i didnt feel no exhaust leaks or hear a exhaust leak.....so that could be the prob :thumbs up:

i should be able to take it apart this weekend....ill let you guys know !

when i put the turbo and mani together i used metal gaskets and this exhaust gasket goop....maybe the goop got sucked into the turbo and stuck open the wastegate?

thanks ! ^^^^

ryanM

next time stick with just metal

that goop s**t is NOT suitable for exhaust parts, especially when a turbo is involved.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
some guys dont use gaskets between the turbo and manifold, and turbo and downpipe

ryanM

some guys dont use gaskets between the turbo and manifold, and turbo and downpipe
i would not suggest that either.

i dont run gaskets in my exhaust, like between DP/TP, TP/midpipe, midpipe/rear section. and the only place it leaks is where i a dragged through my exhaust flange. but i had to run no gasket between my turbo and downpipe once and it leaked like a sieve, no matter how tight the bolts and nuts were, it did not seal at all.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well found the prob....and its not the turbo !!!

turns out this coupler....the one on the right closer to the turbo.....

well we had to cut a bolt down so the pipe would fit thru their....well the coupler rubbed against the cut bolt so hard it cut the coupler straight down the middle so theirs a HUGE tear in it....

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
and you said it wasnt the couplers... :slap:

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
probably 2 lol....idk though seriously ....their from ebay its the ones i got from a ebay piping kit for 100 bucks....

:oops:
i would upgrade to atleast 3 if you plan on boosting more.

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
*golfclap*

Go to Autozone / CSK / O'Reliey's / Pep Boys and buy some door moulding. Put some on the edges of that cut.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
im just gonna buy a new coupler tomorrow....and then stick something on that bolt so it doesnt cut thru again...

Eran

It's on ass-backwards.
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I meant the hole cut in the car, not the cut on the coupler, LOL.

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
LOL...

gotcha....its not the hole cut that is the prob though

its the bolt thats on the bottom that the coupler is rubbing on.....we already cut it down as well so were just gonna put some rubber piece on it or something....

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
well got a new spectre coupler with new clamps.....also put a rubber piece over the bolt so the coupler will rub against the rubber instead of the bolt.....also bought 3/8" rubber hose .....spliced it and then put it over the frame edges so no more sharp edges....i wish i woulda took pics....

did get pics of the messed up coupler though !!

drove the car home and saw 10psi again :lol: